Inquiry S & S Exotic Animals, Inc - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-08-2019, 04:36 PM   #1
DLenaRuth999s
Question S & S Exotic Animals, Inc

Anyone have info on

S & S Exotic Animals, Inc
1711 Connorvale
Houston TX 77039
281-590-0426

Old 04-08-2019, 05:59 PM   #2
JColt
Unless your comfortable with their guarantee, I'd advise to stay away.

Quote:
Our guarantee policy for animals you purchase at our store is the following:
We do not offer any type of guarantee on our animals. We are confident that our animals are healthy. A licensed veterinarian examines our animals monthly. We just don't know how people are going to take care of them.

We cannot follow you home and make sure you take care of the animal properly. We give care sheets on some of our animals and spend a tremendous amount of time with you in person to explain the care of the animal you purchase from us. We might even turn you away without selling you an animal if we decide you aren't going to take proper care of the animal. This means we reserve the right to refuse to sell animals to you.

We cannot guarantee an animal's temperament. If you are worried that it might bite you or someone else, we suggest you don't buy it. We do not reimburse you for veterinarian bills if you decide to take the animals to a veterinarian. You must assume responsibility for all federal, state and local regulations regarding the animals you purchase from us. We are not responsible for any bites, scratches, stings or other injuries inflicted by any of the animals you purchase from us. We are not responsible for the transmission to humans or other animals of bacteria, viruses or parasites in any of the animals that you purchase from us. Once you walk out the door of our store with your animal, you assume full responsibility for it. We do not offer refunds, returns or exchanges. It is your responsibility to take proper care of your animal. If you feel that you cannot take responsibility for the animal, then please do not purchase it.

Our guarantee policy for animals you purchase and have shipped to you is the following:
We offer a live arrival guarantee only on animals sent airport to airport (Delta or Continental).
We do not offer live arrival on shipments sent via DHL, Federal Express or UPS.

We assume no liability for shipments that are lost, delayed or mishandled by the carrier.

We assume no liability for shipments where the destination temperatures are below 45 degrees Fahrenheit or above 85 degrees Fahrenheit.

We assume no liability for delays greater than 3 hours by receiver in picking up the shipment.

We offer no live arrival guarantee on amphibians at any time.

Buyer is responsible for all shipping charges each way if supplies or animal(s) are returned for any reason.

Buyer assumes responsibility for all federal, state and local regulations regarding the animals that are purchased from us.

S & S Exotic Animals, Inc. is not responsible for bites, scratches, stings or other injuries inflicted by any of the animals that are purchased from us.

S & S Exotic Animals, Inc. is not responsible for the transmission to humans or other animals of bacteria, viruses or parasites in any of the animals that are purchased from us.

Please inspect shipment upon arrival and contact us, our answering machine, fax or e-mail address within 4 hours of arrival. There are no exceptions to this rule. If no one is available, leave a message stating the exact nature of the claim.

Old 04-08-2019, 06:13 PM   #3
Herpin Man
I've never purchased from them. I tried once, though.
I was interested in a fairly uncommon species that they were advertising, and was looking for a source for husbandry info, as I wasn't finding anything online.
It took nearly two weeks for someone to get back to me, and all she said was "sorry, sold". OK, then.
The very next day, they were advertising this species online again. In other words, rather than assisting with husbandry info, they decided just to pretend that they were sold out.
While the animals may or may not have been healthy, the lack of service was a bit of a turn off.

Old 04-08-2019, 06:17 PM   #4
DLenaRuth999s
I was taken aback with the lack of guarantee for FedEx. All my shipping to and from is FedEx and we all guarantee that...
And the lack of customer service...
Thought I’d double check.
I’ll soend my money elsewhere.
Thank you!

Old 04-08-2019, 06:23 PM   #5
JColt
Yeah, since I never personally dealt with them I didn't want to say too much but I've seen some comments online about once sale is done they pretty much ignore you. I would much rather go to small breeder but I know they get some pretty exotic stuff in.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:50 PM   #7
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLenaRuth999s View Post
I’ll soend my money elsewhere.
Smart move!

Old 04-09-2019, 02:15 AM   #8
LauraB
Thank you, Melinda, for all those links to S & S posts. There are no less than at least 11 or more bad reviews for them over the years.

Glad you decided to spend your money elsewhere, Darlene! Anyone considering a purchase from S & S Exotics should do the same!

Old 04-09-2019, 06:21 AM   #9
DLenaRuth999s
Thank you very much for the links and everyone’s information. It’s good to be as sure as possible.

Old 04-09-2019, 10:39 AM   #10
Donald C
The only purchase I ever made from them was for an import cribo at an expo. It was clearly not in good condition at the time of purchase, but I was able to treat and rehabilitate it.

To add icing to the top of that cake, they immediately tossed a bunch of baby iguanas into the empty tank on their table without sterilizing the tank or changing the bedding.

I took the risk because it was a very nice looking animal that I was confident I could treat. I highly recommend avoiding them, especially with regards to online purchases, since you cannot verify the condition of their inventory.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!