I hate scammers - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 03-13-2019, 06:25 PM   #1
Lucille
I hate scammers

Someone stole, forged the name of my credit union and cashed a money order I had mailed. Too many scammers in the world. $ from my beautiful decked out old fashioned Electra bicycle with streamers and everything I sold, and was going to be used to get another bike.
So aggravating.

Old 03-13-2019, 06:32 PM   #2
nickolasanastasiou
Bipedal parasites. Sorry that happened, Lucille.

Old 03-13-2019, 07:25 PM   #3
Socratic Monologue
That sucks, Lucille. I'm sorry someone did that to you. If there is any cosmic balance, very good things are going to come your way very soon...

Yeah, sounds like a bad fortune cookie, but I hope tomorrow is better.

Old 03-13-2019, 07:39 PM   #4
Insomniac101
That's ridiculous! Sorry that happened to you.

Any recourse - cameras where the money order was cashed, or finger prints on it?

Or not a serious enough crime for police to bother with?

I'm so tired of people who go through life, just taking what they want, with no regard for the people who actually work for their stuff!

:

Old 03-13-2019, 08:35 PM   #5
Lucille
Thank y'all. Being able to vent about it helps. The first step is to go back to Walmart and pay Moneygram $17 for a copy of the cashed money order. I have to admit I'm curious as to how someone endorsed the stolen money order with the name of a well known credit union, and the business cashing the check would have had to check their ID which would not match.

Old 03-16-2019, 09:14 AM   #6
Lucille
I still hate scammers but my happy is back, I found a Bacchetta Giro 20 at a nearby garage sale. It needs a little cleaning and maybe a tuneup, but I'm happy!!!!

Old 03-16-2019, 10:52 AM   #7
WebSlave
Glad to hear that, but did you get your money back from that cashed money order?

Yeah, I'm not real fond of scammers neither. It's disconcerting that there are so many people out there that wouldn't think twice about stealing everything you have. Even your life.

Old 03-16-2019, 11:51 AM   #8
Lucille
The money order is a 'process'. Yesterday was the first step, paying Moneygram for a copy of the cashed money order.
That may take from 2-20 days to receive depending on whether the Walmart clerk entered everything correctly. Once I have that I can see whether the thieves altered it and replaced the credit union name with their own or just signed the name of my credit union then endorsed it over to a friend who cashed it with their own ID. And call in the help of the police, USPS (because it was mailed) and possibly Moneygram.
I was extremely disappointed in my credit union. I called to see if they had any encouraging words but because they are not involved or liable they were completely uninterested.
Some people in the world are out to scam you, and many of the rest appear not to care very much if it does not directly affect them.
But I do know that one is responsible for one's own outlook in life and whatever the basic circumstances of one's own life one can choose to be either sunny or grouchy. And they say money can't buy happiness but certain items like a new-to-you bike make life happier, it is a well known fact among bicycle folk.

Old 03-16-2019, 12:24 PM   #9
JColt
Missed this thread earlier. Sorry that happened to you. Rotten people in this world.

Old 03-18-2019, 04:31 PM   #10
Lucille
The mystery is solved but I don't know that I am any more comfortable although I do have my money. The credit union received the money order, which was was endorsed with my account number which was not correct and also altered, and the money was placed in another account.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!