Dumeril's boas refusing food - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-16-2007, 09:39 AM   #11
Trefenwyd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
so how did you make out??
Well... I separated the two of them, and cooled their temperatures down to more what you suggested. So far neither of them have taken the bait, although the one did actually strike for the first time EVER.

I'm going to give them another week, try again... hopefully somebody eats something, for chrissake.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:38 PM   #12
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trefenwyd
I separated the two of them, and cooled their temperatures down to more what you suggested...
I'll figure you meant that you increased their night time temperatures a bit, lol, since I didn't suggest cooling them.
hmmmmm - I might have to think on this one a little bit - I've always kept my babies in a temp controlled room. Will try to remember the specific conditions we used in the shop, since that is more applicable to your situation.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:23 AM   #13
JimiSnakes
I had a really hard time getting my dumeril females to start eating. They shed after about two weeks and then wouldn't eat for almost a month. I never assist feed unless they are losing form and/or start looking skinny. I got my Dumerils to eat by buying a house gecko and scenting pinky live rats. They nailed it quickly and were on the way to being established eaters in no time. I also keep my dumerils at 89 hot and no cooler than 80 on the other side. Good luck!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!