Mojave or Pastave? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-01-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
joshmanblue5
Mojave or Pastave?

Can somebody explain how to tell between the 2 i see posts for pastaves and they look just like mojaves to me....anybody have some pics to compare or anything? Thanks

Old 11-01-2010, 10:13 PM   #2
hhmoore
pastaves are pastel mojaves...just like mojaves, but more yellow (actually, that's a little too basic...but if you look at a mojave and a pastave, it's usually pretty easy to tell, at least when they are young).

Old 11-01-2010, 10:49 PM   #3
Subdriven
But I've seen alot of realy nice yellow blushed mojave's lately.. can see how you might have a issue between a good mojave and a bad pastave

Old 11-01-2010, 11:11 PM   #4
hhmoore
My personal opinion is that if you can't tell that it's a pastave when it's small, it isn't worth the money. I was going to post up a couple pics of my pastaves from last year....but it looks like they've all been deleted (I might have a couple left on my old computer, but I won't be over there til Wednesday)

Old 11-02-2010, 12:52 AM   #5
joshmanblue5
This is my mojave could somebody tell me how to tell him apart form a pastave?

Old 11-02-2010, 01:05 AM   #6
SPJ
The head is too dark to be a pastave. They have really washed out heads.
That is a nice blushing mojave.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:10 AM   #7
joshmanblue5
Oh ok that would make sense I'm going to go look at some pastaves and see if the heads are noticeably washed like you said and see if i can tell. And thanks! that's a bad pic you should see him in person

Old 11-02-2010, 09:55 AM   #8
Subdriven
yea, once a pastel gene hits the coloring on the head starts to wash out. that is a very nice mojave though!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!