Inquiry Au Duong Phong ;Has Anyone been Dumb enough.. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:37 AM   #21
jayefbe
I believe the sick snake that he was trying to sell was the het pied female, which ended up dying. I'm guessing that at the time he only had one sick snake since he has been trying to sell everything and only mentioned a single sick snake. All of which means that since he placed the ad, another snake also got sick and both died.

Either his husbandry is so atrocious that two snakes got RIs and died in less than a month or the snakes had a contagious and rather severe illness. I guess since he chose to avoid a vet even though he knew a snake was sick, we'll never know.

Oh yeah, as mentioned before, he sent a snake USPS and it died as a result. I don't think he'll be missed when he leaves the reptile community.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #22
rosebud945
Quote:
To be fair, it hasn't been shown that the snake he is selling is sick. True: It has been exposed to other snakes that likely died from respiratory infections or equipment that was used with them.

He was honest about what happened to the other snakes. For what it's worth, I think that takes a person bigger than a scammer to do that.
I disagree. I think he is engaging in emotional blackmail. He is saying that he had three snakes, two died, and the last one could be sick too, so buy it and save its life by taking it to the vet because he won't. He is basically attempting to implicate anyone who doesn't buy it in its fate. If this wasn't the case, then he would get it to a vet or a rescue instead of trying to sell it.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:43 AM   #23
axeman
I believe he was also trying to sell the enchi on KS without any mention of sick or dead snakes. For the life of me I can't remember his user name on KS.

Donnie Laurent

Old 05-15-2009, 09:52 AM   #24
C.J. Vogler
I don't want to bash the guy anymore than he has already gotten from us but he did mention that if it don't sell him he will kill this one too. I took that as he knowingly let the others die and has no regard of the health of this snake for sale. Its sad to see this happen but unfortunately it does happen. I can think of only one way for him to rebound his reputation to a good guy and that is just get the snake checked and return with the proof of health of the snake and try and sell him then. With a clean bill of health signed by a vet he should have no problem selling him as he is a great looking snake ( in the pic ) and it would bump his rating back a little so maybe he won't catch as much heat when he returns with another animal for sale. I hope this helps and you choose to do the right thing for the sake of the snake and your rep.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:04 AM   #25
ToshaMc
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J. Vogler View Post
I don't want to bash the guy anymore than he has already gotten from us but he did mention that if it don't sell him he will kill this one too. I took that as he knowingly let the others die and has no regard of the health of this snake for sale. Its sad to see this happen but unfortunately it does happen. I can think of only one way for him to rebound his reputation to a good guy and that is just get the snake checked and return with the proof of health of the snake and try and sell him then. With a clean bill of health signed by a vet he should have no problem selling him as he is a great looking snake ( in the pic ) and it would bump his rating back a little so maybe he won't catch as much heat when he returns with another animal for sale. I hope this helps and you choose to do the right thing for the sake of the snake and your rep.

I'm sorry but someone that sits back and lets their animals die off instead of taking them to the vet doesn't need to worry about their reputation. The herp world doesn't need this kind of looser in it - period.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:27 PM   #26
Au Duong Phong
please. Are you serious??

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeman View Post
I believe he was also trying to sell the enchi on KS without any mention of sick or dead snakes. For the life of me I can't remember his user name on KS.

Donnie Laurent
haha. omgoodness. Not only I have Enchis. And I haven't felt the need to lie to anyone about anything. If I didn't tell, how would anyone know anything?? Think about it..

I be honest. ppl get mad. Why is that?

Anyways. No youre accusing and making up a bad guy. I did not ever sell anything on KS before.. The bad guy who you accused to be me does not exist.

Now I really dont feel the need to explain anything. haha. Why would I spend my time on ppl like this?

Old 05-15-2009, 04:42 PM   #27
rosebud945
Quote:
Now I really dont feel the need to explain anything. haha. Why would I spend my time on ppl like this?
And yet, you are. Hmm.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #28
Au Duong Phong
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
I'm sorry but sick and dying snakes, shipping USPS and the obvious attitude is strike one, two and three in my book. Au Duong Phong needs to work on expanding his knowledge about proper animal husbandry prior to expanding his collection. If you can't keep animals healthy then you have no place selling them.
I agree I need to expand my knowledge. Not just about snakes. About anything at all.
I can't ever learn enough.

Im NOT in the business of selling snakes and not in the same state of mind as most of you. I have to sell them if I don't want them anymore.

None of you care. All you care about is to bash me. It propably makes you feel big that there's a honest person that puts out all his flaws to make himself vulnerable.

I really feel bad for my snakes that died.. It must have been a painful torture. You dont care. All you care about is to bash ADP and turn him itno a bad guy. Even though he's never done anything wrong to you nor anyone at all on Fauna.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #29
Au Duong Phong
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud945 View Post
And yet, you are. Hmm.
i know huh?

Old 05-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #30
rosebud945
I feel bad. I feel bad about those two snakes that died because obviously you wouldn't take them to the vet! I happen to a reptile rehabber, and I see people like you all of the time, messing up animals or neglecting their needs or illnesses then trying to pawn the responsibility off on someone else. I have a house full of those kind of peoples' animals, the ones that lived anyway. You might be trying to be honest about why you are getting rid of that last snake, but you are far from being honest with yourself if you would still try to sell it knowing that it might be sick without getting it to a vet first!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!