St. George Island State Park - 05/16/2015 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:36 PM   #1
WebSlave
St. George Island State Park - 05/16/2015

Using the new GoPro Hero4 Black that I bought in the C5Z. Mounted to the inside of the windshield using a suction cup mount. Took a drive through St. George Island State Park from the entrance to the end of the paved road to get video of the drive.

So far I'm pretty impressed with this little camera. Video was taken at 1920x1080p at 60fps. I haven't tried the 4K option yet, mostly because my video editor (Sony Vegas Pro) doesn't handle that resolution on the older version I have.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:25 PM   #2
Guy Castro
I went fishing there a few times when visiting my parents. Of all the lures I brought with me,the bigger fish would only hit one type of lure. Others there were using bait and catching small fish.They were scratching their heads every time my rod bent way over. Dad even caught a small shark with the lure. Fun place to fish,was never crowded.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:24 PM   #3
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Castro View Post
I went fishing there a few times when visiting my parents. Of all the lures I brought with me,the bigger fish would only hit one type of lure. Others there were using bait and catching small fish.They were scratching their heads every time my rod bent way over. Dad even caught a small shark with the lure. Fun place to fish,was never crowded.
Yeah, it's a really nice beach there. Things do seem to be bouncing back slowly after the oil spill and corexit dumping by BP.

Did you go down to the point to fish? That means going through the gate and riding about 5 more miles. Connie and I have taken our bikes down there a few times. It's mostly passable to vehicles, but there can be some mud holes that 4 wheel drive would be advised. Certainly not a road I would want to take one of the vettes down, even on the best of days.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:58 AM   #4
Guy Castro
Tried a few different spots,but didn't go out to the point. Didn't seem to matter where we casted,they were hitting pretty good. Would have love to of had a boat, and see what kind of fish were past what looks like some kind of break off about a half mile out from shore. Wasn't sure if it got shallow there ,and then dropped off.
After the first time there,trying a ton of different lures, all I brought the following trips,were a bunch of one type of lure and rod and reel.Even gave some away to others fishing. We either released the fish,or gave the to others fishing to eat.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!