more Paypal abuse by For Ever Yours Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 11-20-2002, 05:01 PM   #1
Arboreals of the Rainforest
more Paypal abuse by For Ever Yours Reptiles

Ran across this ad on KS. I really liked the animals, they were very nice and I was going to wait and see her reactions before venturing into possibly buying one of them. Simply looking to see what her business ethics were and are. That tells a lot about sellers. IMO

Quote:
CBB '01 Amazon Tree Boas
NATIONWIDE SHIPPING!
Posted by Forever Yours Reptiles (Contact Me!) on November 19, 2002 at 18:18:14

Click on thumbnails to view fullsize in a new window

Garden Phase $85 Each, Colored $125 Each

Shipping $25

Methods of payment - Money Orders, Cashier's Check and PayPal. Please add 3% Paypal when if using Paypal. Shipping via Airborne.

No discounts on multiple purchases (Price remains the same no matter how many you buy). No trades. Thank you.

http://www.foreveryoursreptiles.com
<< Previous Next >>

So I emailed her letting her know about her flagrant violation of the TOS of Paypal. Simple, short, sweet and to the point.

Quote:
To: bree8x2@foreveryoursreptiles.com
Subject: Message about: CBB \\\'01 Amazon Tree Boas
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 18:41:23 -0600 (CST)

Adding 3% for paypal is a violation of the Terms Of Service in which you agreed to when you signed up for Paypal. You should read how many folks wont buy from sellers for this very reason. Do a search on the BOI at faunaclassifieds.com and see what kind of state laws and regulations you are violating.

Nice animals by the way.

So she emails me back this email.

Quote:

Is this something you do to everyone who advertises on Kingsnake? I have never had a problem before and I see no problems now. I have been advertising on Kingsnake for a year now and had no issues before.

Thanks for your advice.
Bree

So to help her understand where we the customers come from and what we think I sent her these links to show her. In hopes that she would see what she is doing is wrong, possibly illegal in some states and unethical.

Quote:
To: "Forever Yours Reptiles" <bree8x2@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Message about: CBB \\\'01 Amazon Tree Boas
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 06:27:01 -0600

"I have never had a problem before and I see no problems now."

Read this.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ghlight=paypal
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ghlight=paypal
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/cgib...;t=5264;hl=mnr

See what your customers are saying about this policy that you are violating.

It wont be long before one of them sees it and reports you to paypal.

Her final email to me was this one. So I guess I wont be asking about buying any of the nice animals she has for sale.

Quote:

Thanks for the info, I will go ahead and raise my prices to cover the fee or I can word it as a paypal handling fee. I read that in the Paypal TOS. But I notice that only the people interested in my animals that want me to lower my prices complain about something.

Thanks again....There is no need for you to contact me again. I do not wish to have any more contact with you.

You said what you needed to say and I am sure if anyone "reports" me it will be you cause apparently you have nothing better to do than police people's ad's.

Bree
Here is yet another one to add to my list of "who not to buy from."

Old 11-20-2002, 06:18 PM   #2
Arboreals of the Rainforest
Well, there maybe hope after all.

She took down the other ad and replaced it with this one. Notice the absence of the Paypal 3% fee.

Quote:
CBB Amazon Tree Boa Yearlings!!
NATIONWIDE SHIPPING!
Posted by Forever Yours Reptiles (Contact Me!) on November 20, 2002 at 06:04:15

Click on thumbnails to view fullsize in a new window

Garden Phase $90 Each, Colored $130 Each

Shipping $25 through Airborne

Methods of payment - Money Orders, Cashier's Check and PayPal.

No discounts on multiple purchases (Price remains the same no matter how many you buy). No trades. Thank you.

http://www.foreveryoursreptiles.com
<< Previous Next >>

Old 11-20-2002, 07:34 PM   #3
E2MacPets
she still upped the price a whole big $5

Old 11-20-2002, 10:59 PM   #4
NEWReptiles
I have come accross a few animals in the last few weeks, that if not for this paypal add 3% b.s. I would have bought them. I was happy with the asking price, and the looks of the snakes, but in no way will I knowingly pay them an extra 3%. I dont even buy from sellers who charge extra for heat packs and such. As a consumer, I want a price to include everything, (shipping, insulation, heat/cool packs, etc.....) This is just my own opinion, but I think its a joke to soak people for the 3%

1 animal= 1 price... thats it

Old 11-20-2002, 11:29 PM   #5
Ken Harbart
You would think that people wouldn't penalize their customers for paying via a quick and easy method. Oh well.

Old 11-20-2002, 11:55 PM   #6
NEWReptiles
My thoughts exactly Ken.

I love Paypal, mostly because it is instant. I like things done right away, less time to wait for the new arrival. And there is always at least 2 saved records of the transaction.

Old 11-21-2002, 10:32 AM   #7
HerpVenue
Which animal would I buy?

Animal A: 100 + 3% for paypal
or
Animal B: 110

I would buy animal B. Yes I know A is cheaper........But

personal preference i guess.

Old 11-21-2002, 10:41 AM   #8
NEWReptiles
Same here. I know we can all do the math in our heads, but I too would be alot more interested in B

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!