Mikes Motleys (bad guy) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-23-2004, 07:42 PM   #1
Ra Reptile
Thumbs down Mikes Motleys (bad guy)

I just had a transaction with Mikes Motleys. Last week I made an inquire about a striped snow he had for sale, and we negotiated a price. I sent him the money via pay pal immediately. He was supposed to ship the snake early this week(1-19 or 1-20), after not hearing from him I e mailed him asking when he was going to ship. And got a message back that this week he got a better offer on the snake. And he is going to sell the snake to the other person, even though I had sent him the money last week. I think this was not only disrespectful but dishonest and unethical. He says he doesn't care about his reputation anymore since he's selling out his whole collection, but he's also said that before. I consider myself lucky since he at least sent me the money back. Watch out for him, he's like a used car salesman.

Luke Hummel

Old 01-23-2004, 08:15 PM   #2
Traci1
I had a similar thing happen with Mike Shiver last year. I was interested in a female butter he had advertised and after communicating with him by email I sent him a payment with PayPal. Then he contacted me saying he had another female butter for sale as well. I made an offer on her and he accepted. I once again sent the money with PayPal. Well when it came time to ship he emailed me that he only shipped one becuse the other still hadn't digested her last meal. He said he'd ship her separately a bit later. Well then he ended up backing out, saying that it would cost him extra to ship her separately (like that was my fault??) He refunded my money for the second one, but I was not too happy about the situation. I know it could have been worse, (at least he refunded my money) but it still left me with a bad feeling.

Traci Engle

Old 01-23-2004, 09:41 PM   #3
odatria
That is total B.S.

When he sent the money back via Paypal, did you guys have to pay the fees? WHen this happened to me years ago, I had to pay the fees to accept the refund. When I asked him to cover the fee's as it was not my problem he backed out of the deal, he told me to go to hell. Well, I probably will and when I do he's the first person I'm going to look up!

Michael.

Old 01-23-2004, 09:57 PM   #4
Brian Oakley
Michael,
Did this happen to you from Shiver as well? So that is three for three that got screwed all in the same manner more or less?

Old 01-23-2004, 10:24 PM   #5
odatria
NOOOOOO!!! Sorry!

I just reread my original post again and it most definitely sounds like I am refering to Shiver. That was not my intention at all. I was responding to the problem of receiving refunds through Paypal. My apologies for any confusion this might have caused. The deal I was refering to happened through Ebay.

Sorry....Again.

Michael.

Old 01-23-2004, 10:47 PM   #6
Brian Oakley
Fair enough. Thanks for clearing that up!

I do think that was a fair question although I am glad, for SHivers sake, that it was cleared up so others do not think the same that I did.

Old 01-23-2004, 10:54 PM   #7
Suncoast Herpetological
I have to say I am surprised. I have dealt with Mike on several occasions as both buyer and seller and always had smooth transactions. These two transactions do not strike me as typical of him.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!