Poll: What do reptiles and amphibians mean to you? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

View Poll Results: What role do herps play in your life?
They're interesting pets, but that's about it. 3 6.00%
Herps are my hobby. 27 54.00%
Herps are my business. 3 6.00%
I'm pretty much obsessed with them. 18 36.00%
I consider herps and herping to be my lifestyle choice. 10 20.00%
Reptiles and amphibians are my life- period. 6 12.00%
Other (please explain) 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2017, 01:22 PM   #1
Herpin Man
Poll: What do reptiles and amphibians mean to you?

Which statement best describes the role that reptiles and amphibians play in your life?
Feel free to elaborate on the impact that herps, herping, and/or herpetology have had on you.

Choose as many as apply.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:07 PM   #2
elena
I chose "I'm pretty much obsessed with them." However, several of the others would fit, as herps are my hobby, business and lifestyle. I've also worked with herps in every significant job I've ever had. Whenever I'm not doing something else, I can usually be found reading and researching about herps, obsessively looking at pictures of them, planning my next acquisition even if it is a year away, and engaging with other herpers online. In addition to caring for, breeding and selling my own animals, I'm also an active member of my local herp society, and enjoy doing educational shows to introduce the wonder of herps to the populace. I enjoy sharing my passion with others, and many of my closest friends and family, who never thought about reptiles on their own, now have a snake or two. My best friend has gone from the owner of a single box turtle (acquired from me) to my full fledged business partner, co-owner of several of my snakes, and sole owner of almost as many snakes as I have. She is expecting the first litter from her sole-owned snakes this year, and we will have another two jointly owned litters.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:18 PM   #3
Dyscophus antongilii
I picked they are interesting pets, but, that is about it and herps are my hobby. Since, well, reptiles and amphibians are my favorite pet. Plus, they are my hobby. So, I picked both. Thanks for making this pole Herpin Man.

Old 08-29-2017, 01:05 PM   #4
fulltiltreptiles
https://youtu.be/nYfqDN6boQk
Always posting videos on how much we love animals come check it out !

Sent from my Z957 using Tapatalk

Old 08-29-2017, 05:22 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
warning - live feeding on the vid link posted... I turned it off in the first few seconds. :/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!