Venomoids, the right and the wrong. - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #181
Snakehandler
Do a keyword search for snakehandler

Old 10-29-2012, 12:33 AM   #182
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by adder View Post
Noting your weapon of choice against snakes is metal tongs and we do not use these barbaric devices, it would have been more appropriate for you to register the domain “wekillsnakeswithtongs” ...
Quote:
bar·bar·ic/bärˈbarik/
Adjective:
1.Savagely cruel; exceedingly brutal.
2.Primitive; unsophisticated.
Well, let's let the masses weigh in on what they believe should rightfully be catagorized as "barbaric", based solely on specific visual representations, not self-serving diatribes that amount to little more than senseless bluster.

In your opinion, which of these pictures depict any degree of barbarism? Illustration number 1 (random Google picture showing tong use) or illustration number 2 (picture of amateur surgical procedure, supplied by Snakebusters)? My vote is for illustration number 2.
Attached Images

Old 10-29-2012, 05:05 AM   #183
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
My vote is for illustration number 2.
I agree.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:22 AM   #184
skirtinthedirt
Thanks for putting up pics. I looked but couldn't find any. That's basically what I was picturing in my head. As a veterinary technician, this makes me sick to my stomach.

Venomous snakes + people who don't think rules apply to them......too bad there isn't a harsher penalty for this sort of thing.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:27 AM   #185
IMAJACOBIAN
#2 for sure. Those tongs aren't hurthing the animal at all.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #186
Mimmieux
#2 looks to be the absolute most crude way to preform a surgery. Would you operate on a person like that? That is awful.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #187
IMAJACOBIAN
That is awful. How would you sterilize wood and nails. I'm no doctor, but I don't think that can be sterile in any way.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #188
skirtinthedirt
It's not. The only way to do it would be with a gas sterilizer. It's a hack job, plain and simple. My questions about the types of anesthesia and pain control implemented in this type of procedure were unanswered so I am left with the impression that none are used, aside from "cold sedation." Torture, IMO. What we are looking at is a photo of someone torturing an animal.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #189
IMAJACOBIAN
That's horrible. Why would anybody ever do this to any animal. I agree, that is torture.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #190
hadenglock
Quote:
Originally Posted by skirtinthedirt View Post
It's not. The only way to do it would be with a gas sterilizer. It's a hack job, plain and simple. My questions about the types of anesthesia and pain control implemented in this type of procedure were unanswered so I am left with the impression that none are used, aside from "cold sedation." Torture, IMO. What we are looking at is a photo of someone torturing an animal.
I am curious to know what kind of anesthesia was used to sedate these animals. I too work in a veterinary office and am curious.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!