Good Guy ShipYourReptiles.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
Mythreefarmboys
ShipYourReptiles.com

Just had my first opportunity to use these guys.
Wow, what an easy experience.
Excellent communication, super easy to use, and very prompt on the pick-up.
Great job, guys!
Gretchen Vanden Berg

Old 03-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
Elepheguttata007
Since they've switched to FedEx, I have not had such nice experiences with them. They delayed a package for TWO days and basically lied to make me happy..The buyer noticed a problem when tracking the package and notified me. I called and they apologized and assured me it was on time and would get to him that day. Later, I get a call saying the package will not be delivered and wasn't even at the location I called..After talking to the buyer, he told me they've had to deal with FedEx problems multiple times..It was very upsetting and deters me from shipping with them in the near future. Luckily the snakes were alive when they got to their new home.
I've always been a supporter of SYR and they themselves are great..FedEx, not so much. :/

Old 03-17-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
Kristi23
I've shipped four packages since they switched to Fed-Ex with no issues so far. Every one of them was delivered on time.

Old 03-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #4
mxracer4life
I love SYR, and have been using them long enough that I have had a few issues, they resolved them quickly which was great. I just used them yesterday.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #5
Elepheguttata007
Yeah I have no problem with SYR, their customer service, prices, and supplies or great..I just got a little shook up with FedEx in worrying about the condition of my snakes and the false statements.. :/

Old 03-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #6
SamanthaJane13
Well, for my first experience with SYR/FedEx, I've had mixed results.

I had two packages leave California yesterday for delivery to my home in Buffalo, NY.

Box 1-Sent from Sunnyvale CA. Got here by 9:30 today. Gecko/package in great condition. Driver was friendly, courteous, and helped direct me to what I should do about Box 2.

Box 2-Sent from San Diego. Never LEFT San Diego. MIGHT get here tomorrow...or MONDAY.

With two crested geckos.

Needless to say, 50% customer satisfaction is NOT what I'm looking for in a shipper!!

Did any of you know that FedEx planes have the RIGHT TO REFUSE REPTILES??

That's what I was told today.

Then I get the run-around from the second person I talked to.

Maybe the box wasn't packaged right, maybe it got to the shop too late, maybe the plane was full. MAYBE YOUR PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO WORK WITH SYR!!!!

MAYBE I'll never buy from a vendor who insists on using FedEx!! And I CERTAINLY won't EVER ship through FedEx myself-for ANYTHING.

Or UPS, either, for that matter. They can't even follow their own protocols!

I don't blame SYR for this.

I blame FedEx.

From now on, it's USPS or NOTHING.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #7
Elepheguttata007

Old 03-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #8
SixGunIggyLeur
The only trouble with USPS is the fact it's illegal to ship snakes. What I've learned with shipping is that you will have to be sure to pound into their heads what you need before you even give them the box. I've dealt with problems with UPS and FEDEX moreso than USPS. but USPS doesn't have the quality facilities that UPS and FEDEX have. I to prefer USPS, but laws and customer preference controls the use of shipping companies. I would suggest making sure to get the package in early in the day at the shipping facility and making sure the package is labeled for deliveries on just-in-case basis. I wholesale reptiles and breed them, so I ship thousands of dollars a week, yet there always atleast one box from ups or fedex that does not make it on time, gets refused for being a day late, because of employee neglegence at a nearby UPS hub I'm dealing with thousands of dollars in reptiles being confiscated. Just be careful who you ship through, and when you do it, how it's labeled, etc. The employees of these companies are human, and probably feel overworked/underpaid and don't want to deal with doing their job. Though I personally don't like UPS or Fedex, I need their services to make my income, and fuel my hobbies.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=233041

Old 03-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #9
Elepheguttata007
well put.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #10
SamanthaJane13
Talking

Okay.

After several calls back from FedEx, and getting nowhere, Walt from SYR called me back.

My geckos are in Memphis or on their way there NOW, then headed north for delivery tomorrow.

The reason they were NOT allowed on the plane was that the plane was "loaded with too much dry ice", which depletes the oxygen in the cabin, making it dangerous for animals to be in there.

But-nobody could tell ME this, during our MANY calls.

Walt is a stand-up guy!!

I have NO GRIPE with him...in fact he just might be my new hero!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!