Inquiry~ Serpent's Den/Steve Markevich - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-12-2003, 12:43 PM   #1
MiLadyDragonn
Question Inquiry~ Serpent's Den/Steve Markevich

~Has any one done any business with this gentleman?

~We spoke on the phone yesterday, regarding a pair of W. Hognose Snakes I am interested in. He seems intelligent and professional and My first instinct would be to trust him. But I figured it would do no harm to check with the BOI peole first.

Thanks,

Old 02-12-2003, 01:09 PM   #2
Python Dreams
There is another thread on page 3 entitled "Gregory Bowman aka thedietcokeguy Inquiry". It seems as though Steve sent an animal that needed paperwork to someone through U.S.P.S.. The snake has no paperwork which was illegal, and was shipped Postal which is also illegal.
Thanks, Tom Baker

Old 02-12-2003, 01:36 PM   #3
Mark K
I've bought snakes from Steve 2 times and they were very honestly represented (and no mites!) I've seen him set up at local shows and everything he had looked great. I don't buy from too many people but I would not hesitate to buy from Steve.

Old 02-12-2003, 01:39 PM   #4
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I've purchased from him

I already told you this Jude, but I figured I would ass it here for anyone else looking for info on Serpents Den.

I purchased 2 corn snakes from there last year. They were great to deal with, transaction was smooth, both animals arrived safely via Airborne Express (I think it was Airborne, I know it wasn't USPS).

I've read the other thread, it looks like Serpents Den made a stupid move shipping USPS in that instance, (Haven't we all made a stupid move on occasion?) they have stated they will not do that again. The paper work issue was questionable and complicated as to whether or not the paperwork was required.

I have purchased from Serpents Den and had no problems. I would recomend them despite the other thread mentioned.

Old 02-12-2003, 02:07 PM   #5
Ken Harbart
I've dealt with Steve a couple times before, and was more than happy with the animals I've received. Steve has gone well out of his way to keep me a happy customer.

Old 02-12-2003, 04:09 PM   #6
SERPENTS DEN
Talking Re: Inquiry~ Serpent's Den/Steve Markevich

Quote:
Originally posted by MiLadyDragonn
~Has any one done any business with this gentleman?

~We spoke on the phone yesterday, regarding a pair of W. Hognose Snakes I am interested in. He seems intelligent and professional and My first instinct would be to trust him. But I figured it would do no harm to check with the BOI peole first.

Thanks,

Hey Jude,

Let me first say the animals you would recieve are backed by my 100% gaurantee of satisfaction. They will be packed properly and sent to you via UPS Overnight to your door. With the BS I've had with thedietcokeguy I will do this: I will ship you the W. Hognose and you can pay me after you recieve them. Then you can let the BOI know of your experience with me. You have nothing to lose!

Old 02-12-2003, 04:20 PM   #7
Suncoast Herpetological
You can't beat that for a fair offer Steve.

Old 02-12-2003, 04:42 PM   #8
gracie
You can totally trust steve. I go down to his shop every once in a while and it's very clean and all the animals always look nice, fat, and healthy! I have purchased a few animals off him and have always been more than satisfied. He and his wife are very very nice people to work with as well. I definately recomend him!
Diana Mason

Old 02-12-2003, 05:29 PM   #9
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally posted by gracie
You can totally trust steve. I go down to his shop every once in a while and it's very clean and all the animals always look nice, fat, and healthy! I have purchased a few animals off him and have always been more than satisfied. He and his wife are very very nice people to work with as well. I definately recomend him!
Diana Mason
Hi Diana,

Thank you for the compliments. Though Becky is my assistant and fyi I'm not married....lol

See you soon

Old 02-12-2003, 05:40 PM   #10
MiLadyDragonn
Hope you understand...

This was not meant as an insult. I check out everyone I do not know before I do business with them. If I can get 2 good references from people I do know, then I am satisfied. This is one reason why I have never (knock on wood) been burned.

~As I said, were I going strickly on my gut feeling, I would have taken the chance. I felt you were unfairly dumped on in that thread anyway. To me, it was a case of "...throwing the first stone...".

Tags
serpents den, steve markevich