Bad Guy Steve Markevich/ Serpent's Den - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:50 PM   #91
SERPENTS DEN
[quote=rattler;641675][quote=serpentsden;641666]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler View Post

At least someone was able to bring you out here. Steve, there is no excuse for you leaving those animals unattended, none. You could have had a few friends help you take them somewhere to be cared for. I have nothing "personal" against you either but don't look for sympathy for your actions. I'm sure if you look back on things you did in life you can say that you made many decisions that weren't thought out very well and this is just one of them. You've done stuff to get yourself into trouble and in the past and people had to take care of your animals when you were locked up. So I do know things about you and I thought you grew up since then but I guess I'm wrong. Maybe the truth hurts just a bit and I still feel for you and your situation.
Steve Are you only reading what you want to believe? The animals were not abandoned and my GF started removing the animals. Why you want bring back stuff from over ummm maybe 23 years ago has absolutely NOTHING to do with the present situation but I guess you are perfect and never ever done anything wrong but we both know that is not true.

"They must find it difficult...
Those who have taken authority as the truth,
rather than truth as the authority."
-Gerald Massey, Egyptologist

Old 10-25-2008, 03:00 PM   #92
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
I'm not sure what an MHTML document is, but take screenshots of the open file and post jpg copies of that. Really, you should have taken screen shots anyway because there's a possibility that if the add was removed, the coding in the file you saved will no longer work.

How do I convert it as a jpeg What I saved works fine even though the ads are no longer up.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:04 PM   #93
3toe
steve, i know youre a good guy, you know your a good guy, and im sure others do as well.
youve just had a little bit of hard times

and not for nothing steves animals were always his first priority

Old 10-25-2008, 03:09 PM   #94
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentsden View Post
How do I convert it as a jpeg What I saved works fine even though the ads are no longer up.
Open the file and take a screenshot (if you're on a PC, hit the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard, open up Paint and hit Control+V to paste) of what opens up.

You can't just convert the file.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:19 PM   #95
rattler
[quote=serpentsden;641677][quote=rattler;641675]
Quote:

Steve Are you only reading what you want to believe? The animals were not abandoned and my GF started removing the animals. Why you want bring back stuff from over ummm maybe 23 years ago has absolutely NOTHING to do with the present situation but I guess you are perfect and never ever done anything wrong but we both know that is not true.
Steve, I'm not perfect but I take responsibility for my actions. Do my best to obey the law, keep all my animals under my permit and don't do anything to disrupt my life or my family's life in any way. It's written here that you were locked up during this time. Would you mind telling why being you're suggesting you've changed in the last "23" years?

Old 10-25-2008, 03:21 PM   #96
Bill Stonegate
IF it is true that Mr. Markevich was locked out by his landlord before the eviction process was complete, then the liability for the consequences that resulted should land on the landlord.

I don't claim to know any specifics about what really happened here, but I have worked as a property manager, and something smells a little fishy here.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:26 PM   #97
LakesideBoas
Can you attach them like you did in the e-mail you sent me? I would think it would work.

And Steve M. I hope you can see that people are empathetic to your plight (at least I am for the sake of the animlas) but there is a difference betweem empathy and sympathy. We can empathize with you, but we do not sympathise for you. There are many, many things you could have done differently to keep the situation spiralling out of control.

It seems like your ex might have worked with you if you had talked with her before the courts filed a warrant on you. She knows that if you are incarcerated there is no chance of you bringing in income to pay off your debt and the courts do not usually file bench warrants for that very fact usless the other party is non-communicative.

I hope you have learned that waiting and ignoring problems does not make them go away.

I hope Chris (who I feel was just working in his capacity with and for animal control) is able to recoup his losses taking care of the animals that were left. I'm sure you feel better knowing that, at the very least, they were taken care of during the timeline involved here. Ideally they would have been with you, but they have been cared for and for that you should be greatful no matter how bad the taste in your mouth is.

If your landlord and the Burrough jumped the gun, I am sure the courts will take that into consideration in your case. Perhaps that is why this is taking so long and the wheels of justice are turning even more slowly than usual. I would take that as a good sign.

Rattler can empathize, but he does not condone what led to all this is the first place. You are not blameless, although I feel for you, I do believe that. If the laws changed in your state or county it was your responsibility to be aware of those changes.

I am constantly in contact with my DNR reps (who are the ones who notify us here) just in case a piece legislation was slid into another bill here or what-have-you. It is also your responsibility to keep up on your child support, although there may have been extenuating circumstances, someone felt it was necessary to have you incarcerated to recify that set of circumstances. Do you have a township trustee in your area? One of their capacity here is to help low income and small business keep their utilities on in times of hardship and mediate with landlords to keep the rents paid. You should have looked into a resource like that in your area. Relieveing the burden of those things might hav enabled you to catch up on your back taxes.

You could have brought your problems here so that we could have given you some of these suggestions before it was too late. (Hint, hint, that's what your friends are for- Goofy! )

Rattler knows that. We all know that. We are your friends here, but we're not giving you a free pass, although we're not going to beat you up virtually either.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:29 PM   #98
LakesideBoas
I keep forgetting the spell check is back! Ackkk!

Old 10-25-2008, 03:33 PM   #99
rattler
[quote=rattler;641690][quote=serpentsden;641677]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler View Post

Steve, I'm not perfect but I take responsibility for my actions. Do my best to obey the law, keep all my animals under my permit and don't do anything to disrupt my life or my family's life in any way. It's written here that you were locked up during this time. Would you mind telling why being you're suggesting you've changed in the last "23" years?

With that said, good luck with your situation and I hope that you get back on track. Write me if I can help.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:36 PM   #100
LakesideBoas
[quote=rattler;641694][quote=rattler;641690]
Quote:

With that said, good luck with your situation and I hope that you get back on track. Write me if I can help.
It may be too late for us to offer much more than empathy at this point. Although we give what we can.

He may still be able to see if they have an entity like a trustee (town or Burrough). Perhaps he may still be able to gt some help and relief.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
chris foley, eric musser, steve markevich