Question for Moderators!!!! or Admins!!! Anyone who regulates posts!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-23-2020, 12:03 PM   #1
bsalresearcher
Question for Moderators!!!! or Admins!!! Anyone who regulates posts!!!

Hello!

I'm looking for people involved in the amphibian pet trade (hobbyist, distributors, owners, and breeders) to have a phone interview with! I'm mainly looking for those involved in the salamander trade, but definitely open to frog trade members as well!

My question is: can I make a recruitment post with information about a gift card incentive, a survey link for preliminary contacting information, and a more detailed description on this site? If I can, what forums would this be allowed/not deleted?

This is for a research project that is supported by PIJAC, the USGS, and Michigan State University. The info gathered from these interviews will be used to create a widespread survey to make sure any policies or regulations are informed by the people that they will ACTUALLY affect (MEANING YOU!).

I know many people in the amphibian community have hesitation about working with the government/researchers. I am hoping to build some trust through this project. I truly am looking to listen and learn! I believe that working with the public is the ONLY way to effectively help mitigate the spread of amphibian diseases, specifically Bsal.

If you are seeing this and know how I can privately DM a mod, please let me know! I'm still learning

Old 12-23-2020, 12:45 PM   #2
WebSlave
Please provide an example of what you are proposing in a post here so I can take a look at it.

Yes, perhaps this would be the better place for such a discussion.

Old 12-23-2020, 01:13 PM   #3
bsalresearcher
Below is a draft that I have. Please let me know if I would need to change anything to make it acceptable/ be more successful.

"Hi everyone! Please delete and message me if not allowed! (Cross-posting this)

I'm seeking participants for a research study on the current practices and knowledge of amphibian pet owners, amphibian pet store owners, amphibian breeders or suppliers, amphibian hobbyists, and veterinarians. The goal is to gather information for decision-makers from important stakeholder groups regarding the deadly salamander fungus, Bsal. We hope to use this information to create policies that reflect the wants and needs of stakeholders to help mitigate a Bsal introduction. This is an opportunity to voice your concerns, what you are in favor of, and what you are NOT in favor of as well.

I'm well aware that much of our current regulations and management of wildlife treats non-game species as not important, especially herps. I'm also well aware that many wildlife managers are keen to strictly listen to biological factors rather than understanding the people that their decisions will affect. I'm excited to say that this project is working on combating these two norms and working to build a two-way relationship.

If you and/or someone you know would be interested in taking part in a short interview(30min) OVER THE PHONE, fill out a brief survey at https://tinyurl.com/yx3jdpgh or contact me (haddock4@msu.edu) and Dr. Alexa Warwick(awarwick@msu.edu). A $15 gift card will be given to participants and anonymity is guaranteed. Feel free to ask me any questions over email!

This study is funding by the Michigan State University Department of Fisheries and Wildlife and the College of Agriculture and Natural Resource's Undergraduate Research Program."

Old 12-23-2020, 01:18 PM   #4
bsalresearcher
I'm also thinking about doing a paid membership to do some official ads on here. (pending funding )

Old 12-23-2020, 01:19 PM   #5
bsalresearcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsalresearcher View Post
I'm also thinking about doing a paid membership to do some official ads on here. (pending funding )
*** ADDITIONAL funding

Old 12-23-2020, 07:25 PM   #6
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsalresearcher View Post
Below is a draft that I have. Please let me know if I would need to change anything to make it acceptable/ be more successful.

"Hi everyone! Please delete and message me if not allowed! (Cross-posting this)

I'm seeking participants for a research study on the current practices and knowledge of amphibian pet owners, amphibian pet store owners, amphibian breeders or suppliers, amphibian hobbyists, and veterinarians. The goal is to gather information for decision-makers from important stakeholder groups regarding the deadly salamander fungus, Bsal. We hope to use this information to create policies that reflect the wants and needs of stakeholders to help mitigate a Bsal introduction. This is an opportunity to voice your concerns, what you are in favor of, and what you are NOT in favor of as well.

I'm well aware that much of our current regulations and management of wildlife treats non-game species as not important, especially herps. I'm also well aware that many wildlife managers are keen to strictly listen to biological factors rather than understanding the people that their decisions will affect. I'm excited to say that this project is working on combating these two norms and working to build a two-way relationship.

If you and/or someone you know would be interested in taking part in a short interview(30min) OVER THE PHONE, fill out a brief survey at https://tinyurl.com/yx3jdpgh or contact me (haddock4@msu.edu) and Dr. Alexa Warwick(awarwick@msu.edu). A $15 gift card will be given to participants and anonymity is guaranteed. Feel free to ask me any questions over email!

This study is funding by the Michigan State University Department of Fisheries and Wildlife and the College of Agriculture and Natural Resource's Undergraduate Research Program."
Sorry about the delay addressing this. This was just one of THOSE kind of days around here.

Anyway, I don't see any problems with what you are striving for, so go ahead and post in relevant forums to solicit help with your project.

Good luck!

Old 12-27-2020, 08:07 PM   #7
WebSlave
Well I guess my answer wasn't what you were looking for?

Old 01-04-2021, 11:51 AM   #8
bsalresearcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Well I guess my answer wasn't what you were looking for?
It definitely was! Thank you for your help. Been on and off working over the holidays.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!