Can't find the right container!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:22 PM   #1
Heart and Soul Reptiles
Lightbulb Can't find the right container!!

Haha, alright.. I'm about to throw this hovabator out the window.
But that wouldn't get me very far..
I'm having a heck of a time finding the right size container to put in the thing to hold Ball Python eggs. I'm going to need to fit at least 2 in there.
I've seen tons of people just fill up the whole hovabator with their medium and put a clutch in, but my problem is I'm probably going to have more than one clutch to deal with.
Can any one suggest a good container they've used in the thing?
Or suggest a good way to divide the hovabator in half or something.. I debated Plexiglass down the middle, only problem then is that I have to watch that when the little critters hatch they aren't bothering their neighbors
You'll probably see me with a want add soon for a new incubator, lol
Too bad I'm too craft challenged to successfully build one probably. A good D.I.Y. instruction on that for the mechanically challenged would be in order.
But until then... any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Thanks,

A very frazzled,

Kylie Rae

Old 05-10-2009, 02:05 AM   #2
Uroboros

That's not hard and probably cost about $20 (before the thermostat). Less if you have or know who has some spare flexwatt and a goodwill cooler.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:39 AM   #3
DAND
I went to Home Depot and bought a 4 x 8 sheet of 2" foam and made a 2' x 4' x 1' 1/2 box and traced the Hovabator top and cut it to fit perfectly on top.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:04 AM   #4
Heart and Soul Reptiles
David, can you show me a picture by chance?
I think I know what you mean, but I'm not sure...
Basically you made a new bottom for it?
Thank you!

Old 05-10-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
DAND
Kylie,

Hope this helps.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #6
Heart and Soul Reptiles
Yes, It really does If you have any more information on it, I will probably go that route, please let me know! I need all the help I can get, I'm so craft challanged you'd never believe I was an artist lol Thank you!

Old 05-10-2009, 07:59 PM   #7
Heart and Soul Reptiles
It holds heat in well even though it's not sealed tight?
The only real qusetion I have is how do you hold the sides together?
I debated taking the lid off of an old cooler that's wide enough to fit the hovabator lid and covering it with the foam just on top and sealing it and all.
Just let me know when you get a chance! I really appreciate it!
Thanks again!

Old 05-11-2009, 05:30 AM   #8
DAND
It looks like it is held together with duct tape but that was just to hold everything in place while the Silicone dried. It is actually sealed very well. The lid fits very well too and even for the increased amount of space it now is heating it does not have to be running all the time to do so.

Hope this helps. If you have any further questions, ask away.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #9
Heart and Soul Reptiles
Thank you so much!
I think I'm either going to outright buy a styrofoam cooler with a flat top and do it that way, or use a cooler and buy a sheet of styrofoam and seal it to the cooler and remove the original lid, then put the hovabator lid on and so forth. Thank you so much, this is a great idea!!
You should post it somewhere for the rest of the people out there who have a hovabator they bought and maybe don't want to trash it completely. I'm going to build mine today, I'll let you know how it goes and if I run into any problems.
Thank you again!!

Kylie Rae

Old 05-11-2009, 11:07 AM   #10
DAND
Glad to help.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
build incubator, containers, hovabator