Am I doing this right - and a few questions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-21-2006, 03:02 AM   #1
LeopardspotLady
Question Am I doing this right - and a few questions

Hello, I will be recieving 4 leopard geckos ( 1M + 3F) November 1st - 2nd and I bought all the stuff already for their containment and well being.

I have 2 - 20 gallon glass tanks/aquariums
2 undertank heatpads - 1 for each tank
1 Thermostat to plug the heating pads into to regulate the heat
1 infrared temp gun to test temps
No substrait - just paper towels
2 food and 2 water dishes
4 caves
calcium/vitamin powder for dusting and supplimenting
1 Container to keep live crickets in ( I will gutload them )

What else do I need?

Oh and would it be better to put 1 male in a 20 gallon and 3 females in the other or should it be (M+F) & (F+F) ?

Old 10-21-2006, 07:53 AM   #2
Cat_72
It's great to see someone that is making sure they have everything perfect before the new babies arrive!

Your list looks great to me, but being somewhat of a "newbie" to Leos myself, if there's anything that can be added, I'm sure one of the Leo folks can help you out!

Old 10-21-2006, 08:15 AM   #3
WindyO
The only thing I see that you are missing is humid hides. I use ziplock dispossible containers filled with moist long cut New Zealand sphagnum moss. Any sphagnum should do though.

Old 10-21-2006, 11:44 AM   #4
LeopardspotLady
Thank you WindyO,

I knew I was forgetting something!

I remember - I told myself that I could buy that here in town - but then I completly forgot about it!

Last night I also bought a $35 book on the Leopard Gecko On Amazon.com - from the reviews it sounds good - that should help me out too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!