Inquiry My Hamburg Show purchase died within a few hours... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 08:03 PM   #1
phatjoe
My Hamburg Show purchase died within a few hours...

Hello:

Long story short, I purchased an eyelash viper from the Hamburg and within a few hours it died. I've spent the whole day asking folks to help me identify who this vendor was but with little success. I'm still hoping someone can help me out.

Long Story, and these are FACTS:
Entered the Hamburg show at 9:15am
It was around 11am, stopped by vendors table and quickly picked up my eyelash viper (can't walk around with venomous)
Drove 4 hours home (heated car)
Removed lid and placed within enclosure
Checked him out this morning and he was died
Posted "Help" question this morning at 10am

Additional FACTS:
Eyelash was NOT shipped so wasn't tossed around
Under my care, the eyelash was always kept in a heated environment
This is not something I had in my possession for days, weeks, months...I had it for a few hours.

Vendor Location:
After entering the show all the venomous stuff is on the left-hand side. He was located 2nd-3rd row from the left. As you walk up the aisle he was on the right-hand side, just a few feet up. He was young, skinny, and reddish blond hair. He was also next to an older gentlemen who wore glasses. The other eyelashes he had were selling for about $100 a piece.

This has been a very disappointing and upsetting experience. This was NOT a healthy snake. I really do hope that someone can help me identify this guy. I didn't get his contact info because I've NEVER had an issue like this before. Hamburg is a bit nutty and like to get in and out of that place.

Thanks,
Phat Joe Fromme
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
xPantherx
I apologize for that loss. I do wish I could help more. It looks as though the snake somehow ingested some of the aspen in some of the photos?
Anyone else?

K

Old 03-01-2009, 08:14 PM   #3
hhmoore
I've closed this thread -
Mr. Fromme, as was stated in your other thread, the subject (name of the business/person) is required to be included in the thread title. I have left the post here, so you can copy/paste the bulk of the text into a new thread (set up in the required format). Please review the rules for posting on the BOI prior to continuing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread