Bad Guy Boa Master - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:47 PM   #11
tlmoon
Wow, beyond bad - unsafe! If he doesn't refund you, contact your credit card company.

Old 05-13-2017, 12:52 AM   #12
DLenaRuth999s
There are time limits with CC, usually 90 days from POS. This timeframe can sometimes be modified to accommodate preordered, paid-in-advance items. Contact the CC company immediately to make them aware them of the possible problem and find out exactly where you stand with them.

Old 05-13-2017, 01:17 AM   #13
antking117
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
And you now know why the other places are more expensive. Cheap prices equates to cheap products. Of course some places try to jack people, but generally, if one place is cheaper than all the rest, it's going to be junk.
Sadly I have experienced this to many of times.

Old 05-13-2017, 03:34 AM   #14
LauraB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
And you now know why the other places are more expensive. Cheap prices equates to cheap products. Of course some places try to jack people, but generally, if one place is cheaper than all the rest, it's going to be junk.
Perfectly said. Still, there is NO excuse for that lack of attention to an animal habitat, no matter the animal and no matter if cheaper than the others or not. Epic fail, Boa Master.

Old 05-13-2017, 04:33 AM   #15
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz505 View Post
Lucille, We paid with card and we have email the seller and I'm waiting for a responce.
As others have pointed out, there is always a time frame of one sort or another dealing with either cards or Paypal. It costs nothing to open a case, I suggest you go ahead and open one.
If the seller refunds you can close it once you actually have the refund in your hands. As a side note, sometimes a seller will ask you to close a case prior to refunding, because sometimes those funds are frozen. NEVER do this.

The poor quality in this case is particularly egregious, because the protruding screws into the habitat area itself could cause injury. I'm surprised that anyone claiming to love reptiles could send out a cage like that.

Old 05-13-2017, 08:25 AM   #16
Black Adder
Unfortunately I have to concur that you get what you pay for.
I was looking to revamp my room and would be buying approx 20 of 4foot x2 foot x1 foot enclosures.
Obviously Boa Master were the cheapest and times twenty would have made a considerable difference.
So I ordered just one to see how well they were built with the conversation was the explanation that if satisfied I would be ordering 19 more. Mark stated I would be more than happy and tbh he got that first one out to me in under 2 weeks so that was impressive enough.
However the quality was sadly lacking, to start the dimensions were all a good inch or more UNDER the listed size, so 47 inch not 48 inch etc. This on its own made it look odd in the stack with other true 4 foot cages.
The material used was noticably thinner and more prone to bow and sag than others used as well. Now I assembled this myself and that was easy enough and straightforward and no parts were missing or damaged so no complaints there but in general I would say I got what I paid for.

There was no way I was going to order anymore and ended up going with AP whose cages are in a different league for in all honesty not a great deal of dollars more.

Can I say the experience was a nightmare?

No not at all, I did get the tank quickly, it was all there, nothing broken but there is a definite reason they are cheaper than the competition for sure.
And just for me the material quality AND the fact it was not a true 48x24x12 was enough to send me elsewhere regardless of price.

I am not sure how he could have assembled it with the screws sticking through as it is pretty hard to screw it up (pun intended) on assembly unless you are really careless.
Not good at all!

Old 05-19-2017, 01:48 PM   #17
boamaster
ill only post one response to this

she never contacted me about a loose track
and or a screw sticking out

and i had delivered these ahead of scheduled due date

which both can be fixed within 5 mins
back the screw out re screw in

and a touch of superglue on the track would fix it
i use 3m double stick foam tape to mount
could have has a bad piece of tape which i dont make
it was tight when i installed it

im not perfect
but i do want everyone to get a great quality cage from me
free from defects at a great price
all my cages are made on a
cnc laser or a cnc onsrud router or a waterjet
all in house
which means they are all within .001 tolerance
the same everytime

call or text me i always take care of my products
ive been making cages for over 15 years.

thank you mark venhorst

Old 05-19-2017, 01:52 PM   #18
AllisonLeigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz505 View Post
Lucille, We paid with card and we have email the seller and I'm waiting for a responce.
Can you provide a screenshot of the sent email since this detail is being disputed? Not siding with one party or the other, it's just definitely easier to prove that someone sent an email than it is to prove they didn't.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:24 PM   #19
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by boamaster View Post

If it was that easy to fix it, why didn't you do so? The cage as delivered (you have not disputed the pictures) was dangerous to critters. It should have never left your hands looking like that, especially as you claim it was such an easy fix.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:18 PM   #20
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by boamaster View Post
ill only post one response to this

she never contacted me about a loose track
and or a screw sticking out

and a touch of superglue on the track would fix it
i use 3m double stick foam tape to mount
could have has a bad piece of tape which i dont make
it was tight when i installed it

im not perfect
but i do want everyone to get a great quality cage from me
free from defects at a great price
all my cages are made on a
cnc laser or a cnc onsrud router or a waterjet
all in house
which means they are all within .001 tolerance
the same everytime

call or text me i always take care of my products
ive been making cages for over 15 years.

thank you mark venhorst
I will admit for anybody remotely handy it is a simple quick job to back the offending screws out and reseat them THROUGH the walls not into fresh air.
Also yes a dab or two of superglue would probably have fixed the track too.
However not everybody is handy, always springs to mind the old saying that common sense is the least common of all senses.
And of course there is NO WAY it should ever have been shipped with screws sticking into the enclose.
Sloppy work and no qc check before it was shipped for sure.
The track I could overlook as I have had some poor 3m double backed tape before( in fact I screw my tracks down as well with very small screws right into the recess of the track, but like I said not everybody is handy!)
Was a potential danger to the critters going into it as shipped and that is inexcusable....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!