Do animals have souls? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:25 AM   #21
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokele
As an inside tip, you might want to adjust away from M theory; I've got a fair few friends (and a sister) in physics, and aparently it's looking a lot less compelling. Publications have been declining, and more physicists are beginning to speak out against the untestable nature of string and its related theories. Fortunately, the Large Hadron Collider comes online next month, and that might give us some clues either confirming or refuting it.

Ironically, she actually wants to teach when she gets over to the US (as well as to breed herps).

These are exactly the big questions that are, I think, the most fun. They likely can't be solved, but IMHO, how we each reason about them can serve to not only hone our minds, but to give insight into ourselves and how each of our minds work.

Henry
I eat, therefore I am.

Old 10-20-2006, 02:15 PM   #22
Blue Gorgon
I'll keep an eye on that, Henry! I know the untestability of M theory has been an issue from day one, but I still think it's a beautiful theory that makes a lot of sense. I'll likely stick with it till someone comes up with something better.

Quote:
These are exactly the big questions that are, I think, the most fun. They likely can't be solved, but IMHO, how we each reason about them can serve to not only hone our minds, but to give insight into ourselves and how each of our minds work.
Beautifully put, btw! It's easy to get all tangled up in semantics, but ultimately everyone's journey/discoveries/beliefs/ideas are all uniquely their own. Soul, spirit, chi, life force, doesn't matter what you call it. All that matters is what it means to you.

Old 10-21-2006, 11:19 AM   #23
cornchips
If your talking about a spirity floating thing that hangs about after we are dead then no, I dont think we have souls and neither do animals.We die and thats it...(sorry Im a confirmed athiest)..Do animals feel emotions similiar to humans , I think they definetly do.We always think we are so special and above animals when in fact we are just animals..
As far as the original post goes ,Animals do kill for pleasure and fun, we are not above it and neither are they.Lions kill hyenas and innocent cubs from rival males, cats kill and play with mice, many animals kill during mating season or over territory just like humans..

Old 10-21-2006, 11:34 AM   #24
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornchips
As far as the original post goes ,Animals do kill for pleasure and fun, we are not above it and neither are they.Lions kill hyenas and innocent cubs from rival males, cats kill and play with mice, many animals kill during mating season or over territory just like humans..

They kill cubs from rival males and the rival males, or over territory out of INSTINCT to reproduce their own genes, and protect their mates and food supply. Nothing "fun" about it. They kill the hyenas to protect their young and their food. No "pleasure" to it, they are doing it for survival.

And I'm not sure where you got the whole, "We think we are above animals" thing.......the whole point of the majority of what I posted made the point that in many ways, I believe many animals are "above" us, sponges and such not included. Your post reaffirmed my preference of animals over most humans, actually. My dogs love me unconditionally, and don't have to stop and analyze why and how. THAT is what humans should be, IMO...but we will never be content with that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!