Status check on health of this site. - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:13 PM   #31
IloveSnakes1234
Maybe some of the people here are scaring away new members??
I've seen it happen. But that's just a maybe.
I agree with Deborah the decline is steady not seasonal (although this does affect it) Personally, when I start to breed my own snakes, especially starting out, I don't want to pay $100 or $250 just to be able to sell snakes on fauna. I'd go to KS or something instead so this also might be why.
Just my opinion...

Old 10-30-2007, 04:34 PM   #32
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveSnakes1234
Personally, when I start to breed my own snakes, especially starting out, I don't want to pay $100 or $250 just to be able to sell snakes on fauna. I'd go to KS or something instead so this also might be why.
Just my opinion...
Huh?

It only costs $25 a year to post unlimited ads here at Fauna. Not $100 or $250.

At KS you have the following options: $20 a month, $35 every 3 months, $50 for 6 months or $100 for a year.

Personally, I utilize both.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:35 PM   #33
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
I agree with Deborah the decline is steady not seasonal (although this does affect it) Personally, when I start to breed my own snakes, especially starting out, I don't want to pay $100 or $250 just to be able to sell snakes on fauna. I'd go to KS or something instead so this also might be why.
Just my opinion...

Paulina i would recheck the membership levels and the abilities of each one.

Whoop. sammy got to it before me : )

Old 10-30-2007, 04:37 PM   #34
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus
But Rich said a "decline" and a "steady" one at that...so this doesn't indicate the highs and lows of seasons or breeding periods but people leaving and not coming back...ummmm

Could be when the BP craze was hottest and people were buying them in droves...then IBD hit a few and other people were losing their snakes, or they were dying from incorrect keeping habits....so lost of interest could account for some of the decline.

that may be true, but, theres still a difference depending on what time of the season it is too.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:38 PM   #35
Gary O
Rich, I have to give you a ton of credit. You are showing that you care about the site, the members, and this hobby more and more. This thread has shown me this. I am not really sure what one thing about this thread has but it just has.

I need to get over here and post some pics and other stuff. I do it on my site, and I do have time to come here and do the same.

I do not have an answer on what is fluff and what is not. I can tell you that i went and checked out TRR's stats and I see the same thing last year I had more posts then this year. maybe it is just that we are all seeing a slow down?

I PMed you awhile back saying I was happy to see the direction fauna was headed. Not the stats but the over all feeling. It feels better here this year then it did last year. People talk about Fauna at shows. In a good way. I have said this before. You have something here. You really do. I will go on record saying this. Even if you make the classifieds free. I will continue to pay you for it. It is only right.

I am thinking it is not just fauna. Hang in there it will pass.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:40 PM   #36
WebSlave
Quote:
Just my opinion...

Obviously there are some misconceptions involved as well. Is this widespread? If so, what can be done to make accurate info more easily accessible and understood?

Old 10-30-2007, 04:41 PM   #37
IloveSnakes1234
Endownment Membership is $250 per year (which I believe is unlimited ads?)
Benefactor is $100
and Contributor is $25...
unless I'm wrong and when you go to available subscriptions it doesn't say that...

Old 10-30-2007, 04:46 PM   #38
WebSlave
Here's the thread where the membership benefits are listed -> http://faunaclassifieds.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=64541

I read over it again and still don't see where unlimited ads are reserved for Endowment level members only.....

Old 10-30-2007, 04:51 PM   #39
Gary O
I paid 25 bucks and have posted tons of ads.

I am on my way to get the fauna good guy thing right now too.

Rich. Bro....................... you are one of the good guys!

Old 10-30-2007, 05:00 PM   #40
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O
Rich, I have to give you a ton of credit. You are showing that you care about the site, the members, and this hobby more and more. This thread has shown me this. I am not really sure what one thing about this thread has but it just has.

I need to get over here and post some pics and other stuff. I do it on my site, and I do have time to come here and do the same.

I do not have an answer on what is fluff and what is not. I can tell you that i went and checked out TRR's stats and I see the same thing last year I had more posts then this year. maybe it is just that we are all seeing a slow down?

I PMed you awhile back saying I was happy to see the direction fauna was headed. Not the stats but the over all feeling. It feels better here this year then it did last year. People talk about Fauna at shows. In a good way. I have said this before. You have something here. You really do. I will go on record saying this. Even if you make the classifieds free. I will continue to pay you for it. It is only right.

I am thinking it is not just fauna. Hang in there it will pass.
Yeah, sometimes I try hard NOT to care. Sometimes I succeed for a while. During my busy season is when I am at my weakest, which many people have seen, I guess. This past season I just turned off that "caring" stuff completely, and it did help quite a bit.

Many times I even get myself believing that is the best way for me to be, and WISH I could stay that way....... Things would probably be easier for me around here if I could do that, but not sure how much of that would bleed over into other aspects of my life that I wouldn't really care to have.

Honestly, with all the mods now in place pitching in, things ARE easier on me around here. But I still try second guessing myself as to whether I am doing all this the best way. The problem is that there is really no other way but trying something and then kicking in the hindsight afterwards.

Thanks.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!