Can't seem to reply in my own threads... - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #61
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Rojas View Post
True, but that's what we have mods for also, to be our so called "site police", to protect the integrity of this site. But instead of doing that, they are running around giving infractions and bans to whoever disagrees with them
Horse crap! I have disagreed with a number of mods and even Rich and I am still here. I have been banned but that was due to breaking the rules set forth that apply to EVERYONE, paying members or not. I broke the rules and paid the price for doing so. So cut your crap.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #62
Angel Rojas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
RICH..... Why not allow paid members to do manual bumps... and registered members cant? Leave the lowest level $25 and this gives folks a reason to donate. You can still post your ad for free, but you wont be able to bump it
So you want to force people to do pay...

Old 10-27-2010, 02:48 PM   #63
shelliebear
Quote:

No, that is not what anyone is trying to do.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:48 PM   #64
DAND
Quote:
Can you say combative? Someone is obviously in self-destruct mode.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:55 PM   #65
Shadera
I'd like to see sales of the same species consolidated into single ads, myself. There's no reason 20 ball pythons for sale should equal 20 separate ads. That would cut down on some of the jostling I'm sure.

I don't mind the ten per month at all. That's one bump per three days, and I would hope customers would have an attention span longer than one page if they're seriously looking to buy.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:56 PM   #66
Angel Rojas
I'm not trying to be combative, I was mearly commenting on what other had stated. If you look at those post you will see where I quoted what that person said

Old 10-27-2010, 02:57 PM   #67
Southern Wolf
Quote:
No... I would actually rather Rich leave this alone... because in the end we will all loose.

Yes.... Im a paying member but with his current constraints... I am limited to 10 bumps a month. Like I said... if your in a high traffic area (BP's) ... then you will get burried on the 15 page within 2 days. Most folks are NOT gonna spend time digging that deep.

Right now Rich has it so only paid members can even reply in the classifieds section. (I know... temp fix)

I also know in the past that Rich has requeted donations to help this site pay for its upkeep. One of the perks of paid membership was being able to bump your ads..... but if non payers can do it manually... then how is that a perk.

I know Rich is looking to change the numbers around (from 10 to ??).... but why not make it more of a draw by allowing paid members to manually bump their ads

Old 10-27-2010, 02:59 PM   #68
DAND
Quote:
I'm not trying to be combative, I was mearly commenting on what other had stated. If you look at those post you will see where I quoted what that person said
Your choice of twisting his words certainly seemed so.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:01 PM   #69
Angel Rojas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
Horse crap! I have disagreed with a number of mods and even Rich and I am still here. I have been banned but that was due to breaking the rules set forth that apply to EVERYONE, paying members or not. I broke the rules and paid the price for doing so. So cut your crap.
That may be true, but I'm NOT the only one who thinks this. I too have been banned for breaking the rules, but when a mod starts giving infractions and bans for "boaderline" stuff, that's when I get confused. I mean, you either broke the rules or you didn't, there's no inbetween.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:01 PM   #70
Clay Davenport
Quote:
I hate when people make this stupid comment. Who are you to tell anyone that they shouldn't own a reptile just because some may not be able to squeeze money from a stone. Some people here may live on a buget, and what little animals they may have fits nicely in that buget.
I'm just stating what would be obvious to most people. If you can't manage to get together $25 in a YEAR then it's unlikely that you can afford to properly care for a live animal. $2 a month is hardly squeezing money from a stone.

Quote:
If you wanted to make this a memebers only site then that's what it should have been a long time ago.
So at what point should a site make the switch if it's going to? At the two year mark? Maybe the three? What are the criteria exactly?

Quote:
Why should paying members be the only ones to be able to bump their ads?
Why do you think non paying members should be entitled to the same perks as the paying members? Should those who choose to help this site not be entitled to any additional benefits for that contribution?
Perhaps you think everything should just be free and Rich should provide this site to you to use as you please and bear the entire burden of it himself.

Quote:
Does it make them or their animals better than anyone else's just because they paid.
No, it doesn't, but it does entitle them to certain perks as a reward for their interest in the preservation of the site.

Quote:
And to be honest, the only people that I think would have a problem with non-donating memebers be able to bump their ad, is the BIG name breeders who's panties are in a bunch because he wants his ads to stay on the front page.
Just how many BIG name breeders do you see advertising here? 99% of the advertisers in the classifieds are hobbyists. That fact alone renders the above statement irrelevant.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!