Can't seem to reply in my own threads... - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:03 PM   #71
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
I'd like to see sales of the same species consolidated into single ads, myself. There's no reason 20 ball pythons for sale should equal 20 separate ads. That would cut down on some of the jostling I'm sure.
I already do this per morph.... but I think it would be counter productive to have an and with Mojo's, Pieds, Albinos, Bees, Pastels all in the same ad. Some folks are looking for a specific morph... so they scan for that morph listed. If your selling 10-15 morphs... then you can not list them all in the title name. Should I really have to waist time opening an ad that just says... Multiple morphs... only to find out those animals are in the high end of the spectrum and not even remotely close to what I was looking for

Quote:
I don't mind the ten per month at all. That's one bump per three days, and I would hope customers would have an attention span longer than one page if they're seriously looking to buy.
So now you have to figure out which animal/morph you want to bump every three days... and you can only do one out of all the animals you have for sale. This may be feeasable if you only have a small amount of animals for sale... but for those of us that are trying to sell numbers and make this a business... this is not even worth our time.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:03 PM   #72
Angel Rojas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
Your choice of twisting his words certainly seemed so.
Once again I'm not twisting Rich's word, as he clearly didn't state that. I mearly commented on what OTHERS HAD POSTED

Old 10-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #73
Southern Wolf
Dave... I think Angel is trying to twist my words... Not Rich's

Old 10-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #74
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
So you think of every possible question and place it in your ads?

I dont think so

I was just using a for instance....

Sometimes we place ads when we are tired or have other things on our minds and we forget to put something in that should of been, but then someone asks a question and we remember it. We're thankful for the question and in the end that info gets out to the viewing public.
Wasn't saying that. But info like that should be put in the ad.

Maybe you can turn on the edit rich?

Old 10-27-2010, 03:09 PM   #75
blueapplepaste
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Sorry, but I had hoped this would not become and issue that I would have to deal with, but it has, and I am. The most effective and easiest way would have been for me to simply stop ALL replies to all classified ads and be done with it. But I'm trying to come up with a compromise solution that will work better than that drastic alternative.
I'm not complaining at all, as the bumps were getting a little ridiculous.

I wonder if it would be possible to have it so threads could be replied to w/o bumping up the thread? This way questions could be publicly addressed/answered for all to see (if it warrants a public response), but still keep it from bumping.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:18 PM   #76
Shadera
Quote:
I already do this per morph.... but I think it would be counter productive to have an and with Mojo's, Pieds, Albinos, Bees, Pastels all in the same ad. Some folks are looking for a specific morph... so they scan for that morph listed. If your selling 10-15 morphs... then you can not list them all in the title name. Should I really have to waist time opening an ad that just says... Multiple morphs... only to find out those animals are in the high end of the spectrum and not even remotely close to what I was looking for
That's what the search function is for. Seriously, you're not giving buyers enough credit. If you have something they want, they will find you. They aren't brainless zombies.

Quote:
So now you have to figure out which animal/morph you want to bump every three days... and you can only do one out of all the animals you have for sale. This may be feeasable if you only have a small amount of animals for sale... but for those of us that are trying to sell numbers and make this a business... this is not even worth our time.
There's always higher tiers of memberships that provide more exposure, and the fee would most likely be tax deductible so I fail to see where ten a month for $25 a year is so bad. That's twenty one cents per bump if someone is only contributing for the marketing here. I'd think that'd be the number most appealing to hobbyists who only sell a few animals a year, and the folks who are here just for the fun wanting to help pay the light bill.

This is the feedback section, and all I'm doing is providing a bit of feedback for Rich that isn't complaining about him not giving us everything for nothing. I'm not saying other points aren't valid at all, just that not everyone feels the same about all these issues.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:20 PM   #77
Angel Rojas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport View Post
I'm just stating what would be obvious to most people. If you can't manage to get together $25 in a YEAR then it's unlikely that you can afford to properly care for a live animal. $2 a month is hardly squeezing money from a stone.

So at what point should a site make the switch if it's going to? At the two year mark? Maybe the three? What are the criteria exactly?

Why do you think non paying members should be entitled to the same perks as the paying members? Should those who choose to help this site not be entitled to any additional benefits for that contribution?
Perhaps you think everything should just be free and Rich should provide this site to you to use as you please and bear the entire burden of it himself.

No, it doesn't, but it does entitle them to certain perks as a reward for their interest in the preservation of the site.

Just how many BIG name breeders do you see advertising here? 99% of the advertisers in the classifieds are hobbyists. That fact alone renders the above statement irrelevant.
Well I thought that it was a very bad statement. I can only speak for myself, but when you have bills, 2 large retics to feed and house, pitbulls and cats, It can cost a good penny. Not to mention 3 kids, one of which will be in college soon. Hell, I had to quit smoking because of these things. And like I stated before, If this was going to be a paid memeber's only site, then that's the way it should have started. As far as big breeders here, there are plenty of them here, just look in the classifieds. If you are selling or own a 2,000-10,000 snake that's in your collection, you are more than a hobbyist. That's an investment animal that you plan on breeding

Old 10-27-2010, 03:22 PM   #78
Southern Wolf
Angel... one thing to keep in mind. I dropped around $13,000 on my business last year (I didn't buy any BP morphs).... so yeah... Im gonna take offense when Rich starts talking about limiting my ability to push my ads. Im gonna try my best to see that the paying members are not affected by this change.

Not only do I pay here... but I pay to advertise on KS. If my advertising is limited... then so is my sales.

One thing that I have noticed is alot of folks that are producing babies for the first year are selling them for pennies on the dollar... and this hurts the market and everyone in the industry. What I dont get is why anyone would list an animal that retails on the low end for $30-40 and then try to sell them here for $8-10... and just keep bumping and bumping and bumping.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:29 PM   #79
DAND
Quote:
Dave... I think Angel is trying to twist my words... Not Rich's
I know he was twisting your words. I have no idea where he thinks I said he was twisting Rich's. I guess he is twisting my words too.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:30 PM   #80
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
There's always higher tiers of memberships that provide more exposure, and the fee would most likely be tax deductible so I fail to see where ten a month for $25 a year is so bad. That's twenty one cents per bump if someone is only contributing for the marketing here. I'd think that'd be the number most appealing to hobbyists who only sell a few animals a year, and the folks who are here just for the fun wanting to help pay the light bill.
Your right... If you only sell a few animals a year. This year I produced around 115 animals.... next year it will be somewhere between that and 150. So would you consider me a hobbiest. Im giving my business an honest go of things.

You want to talk about higher tiers..... at the $100 level you can only bump 1.6 ads per month (30 day month). I can bump 6 ads per day per section for that same $100 on KS.

Tell me where my advertising $$ is better spent

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!