New warning point proposal - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-27-2004, 02:30 PM   #1
WebSlave
New warning point proposal

I am thinking strongly of adding a new warning point penalty to the warning system. Whining to the moderators. What this will be is a warning point for those people who come whining to me or the moderators about what someone else has said about them in a thread. Quite frankly, we don't want to hear it. We are NOT your daddy and are not going to take sides either way in your arguments. We are not going to fight your battles for you. YOU have to deal with it. If anyone here thinks we are going to go and delete someone else's messages or ban someone else simply because you want us to do so, you are sadly mistaken.

Maybe a more politically correct name would be better for the warning, but right now I'm thinking it should be used as an embarrassment to those people who seem inclined to do such things. Maybe seeing multiple instances of being a whiner on their warning record would help break them of that bad habit.

Old 06-27-2004, 02:42 PM   #2
jenn_jeffery
I certainly wouldn't blame you for warning them about such things. You all have more to do with your time than read and answer emails from people who probably deserve to have a post about them.

Old 06-27-2004, 03:45 PM   #3
Sybella
It seems a little petty...is it really that big of an issue that needs to take up your or the mod's time issuing points?

Old 06-27-2004, 03:46 PM   #4
DThomas
Quote:
Originally posted by Sybella
It seems a little petty...is it really that big of an issue that needs to take up your or the mod's time issuing points?
If you could only read some of the complaints that come our way..lol

I think it's a good idea Rich.

Old 06-27-2004, 05:19 PM   #5
WebSlave
I have to take time out of my day to read about these petty squabbles that people try to get me involved in. I just getting tired of telling people I am not going to take sides. I really don't want to hear about the conflict privately, because there is nothing I am going to do about it either way anyway. Perhaps getting warning points will help drive this point home where all other methods trying to get this point across have failed.

Don't get me wrong, now. People can lodge complaints about what other people say, in a third person perspective, that is warranted and needs to be brought to our attention. What I am talking about is when someone complains specifically about what someone has posted about themselves personally or professionally.

Old 06-27-2004, 10:09 PM   #6
robin d.
i think its a good idea.....
maybe call it
abuse of privilages?

Old 12-18-2004, 09:40 PM   #7
Lucillle
I think it's a good idea. Then they can buy off their points.....

Old 12-19-2004, 12:06 AM   #8
MR_Jungle_Mist
I'll agree - good idea. I just like the thought of you battling the whining, basically. I'm sure you can have a form letter that you can copy and paste. Something to the effect of..

Quote:
Hello, My name is ****. I've recently received an email from you and though I've not read it completely I have ascertained (sp?) it to be an email containing any of the following:

Complaint about something said about you on a thread.
Complaint about a bad post concerning you.
A request to delete a post containing negative things about you.
(etc etc)

We here at Fauna have a strick No Whining To Moderators policy. Please see this sticky note on this rule implemented on 12.28.04.

Any further emails on the subject will get you warning points. If you have a valid complaint please take out all the crap in your email and send me what the problem is. I don't rightly care about your entire history of you being a member here.

Please note - "delete those posts about me or I'm calling my lawyer" emails will only succeed in your emails and links to the thread(s) being made public in the Whiners Forum.

Thank you for your understanding.
Then you can do a Moderators only Whiners Forum where folks can go and read about the whiners and laugh and sympathize with you guys.

Of course.....maybe there is a reason I don't have my own forum...

But, whatever, warning points would work just as well.

Old 12-19-2004, 12:32 AM   #9
WebSlave
Well I can see some obvious nomimees for moderators of the new Whiners Forum right here in this thread. You know I can set it so all new posts in a forum are emailed as a notification to the moderator(s) of a forum.

I think I will call it either The Whine Cellar or The Whinery.

Old 12-19-2004, 12:58 AM   #10
bcfos
You know Rich this is a great idea. Who has the time to put up with this petty crap anyway. If someone doesn't like what I say about them there is always that PM or E mail option isn't there? I am not the type to bother you or anyone else with such petty crap, and don't like people diong the same to me on other forums where I moderate either. Usually I meet such whiny requests with a nice "So what". But also due to the filters here I can't type what else I usually say because it will just end up in a red censored type.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!