Bad Guy Danny Cueva, budding young scam artist - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-28-2017, 03:03 PM   #21
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Danny

You have no doubt saved the box the snake arrived in, so you have the total weight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCueva View Post
I feed the snake and pack it in the same box, minus the heatpacks...and send it out
For future reference: If you actually did send the snake back, you should always avoid shipping one that's just eaten.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
You shipped the snake out hopefully not USPS but you paid for shipping so you know the weight of the box you sent out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard
Unless you illegally shipped the animal and are avoiding posting incriminating information.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by boabasement
I received a box via UPS on 2-23-2017 and opened it to find a box with some crumbled up newspaper and an empty snake bag
-----------------------------------

Odd that no one seems particularly interested in providing anything remotely useful. I guess that if the buyer did indeed send a box, sans snake, it would explain his reticence in giving the requested info. Depending on just who made the initial claims, the target's reticence may be enough to convince some people that there's truth in the claims against him. Given just how I perceive the OP's credibility, based on how he's addressed other situations, I just don't trust his word very much. That leaves me with the current opinion that neither of them have nearly enough credibility to be taken very seriously without tangible evidence.

Of course, the burden of proof really does fall on the OP anyway, and he's given us even less than the buyer has. Since he claims to have the box still, I don't understand the rationale behind ignoring requests to provide easily available information that I'd think would be shown on the label that he says is still intact and in his possession. If giving honest answers would be to his advantage, he should be equally privy to the shipment information that's been asked of the buyer.

Although he hasn't logged back in since the day he posted this thread, I have little doubt that he's well aware of the posts that have been made since then. Whether or not he may wish it to be the case, he knows that logging out doesn't make these situations go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon
On the other hand, I'm very surprised that the seller, having posted the accusation about about the buyer sending an empty box, is not providing evidence to support that claim. Surely he would have taken some quick pics and/or documentation about the package?
With "almost 30 years of breeding reptiles and keeping them for over 45 years," as well as "1000s" of customers over those years, I have a lot of trouble believing that such a person would have somehow avoided learning the need to document certain things. In the likelihood that he comes back here and says that he didn't think to do an unboxing video, it just seems like it would have been an extremely convenient oversight. There's some degree of possibility that simple ignorance and lack of experience could explain away some of the buyer's shortcomings in this situation; the OP's seem much harder to rationalize. Frankly, the OP just strikes me as someone who wouldn't be above making false claims out of sheer pettiness and some odd belief that his name alone should be all the corroboration he'd need.

Old 02-28-2017, 03:22 PM   #22
DavidBeard
Dan, thanks for catching my mistake about the shipping company used. I've been slipping up a lot here lately and I promise it is unintentional....I'm usually multi-tasking while reading threads and I probably should be a little more careful in how I interpret things.

Old 02-28-2017, 04:25 PM   #23
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
shipping company
The OP's credibility is pretty low in my book right now, I'd like to see the actual shipping info, tracking, weights, etc.
He said UPS. He also said no snake. Let's see some proof of the story he wants us to believe, right now just because he says something, that doesn't make it so. He has had more than enough time to come up with facts and proof.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:29 PM   #24
Snake-Queen
So neither party has responded to any pertinent questions … that is very telling.

Old 03-03-2017, 04:13 PM   #25
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
So neither party has responded to any pertinent questions … that is very telling.
Yeah, both of them look pretty bad here thus far. I wouldn't deal with either one after this.

Old 03-06-2017, 11:10 PM   #26
Buzzardball
Have been reading this thread and have some observations:

1) Palpating snakes, is as about as reliable as measuring tail lengths. The only way of telling for sure, is either probing or popping! I've produced 100's of Rainbow Boas and never had a problem popping them.

2) Considering baby Rainbow boas are 12"-14" when they are born, one being 18" in Feb. of the next year, is entirely possible/believable! Who complains about an animal being bigger, than they thought? Still don't even know why this is even relevant to the main issue.

3) The fact that Danny gave 0 time for Doug to respond to any claim of misrepresentation is complete "bush"! Imagine waking up to those claims in e-mail form, from your customer and Paypal w/out any chance to respond.

4) As far as misrepresentation is concerned, mistakes happen. Doug admitted as much. Nobody's perfect. Doug also said, if a mistake was made, he would refund etc.

Now, this is where it gets "hairy"!!!

5) After it was agreed to, that Danny would return the snake, Danny:
a) shipped a snake (allegedly) 2 day air! Who ships reptiles 2 day air?
b) put no heat packs in w/said snake.
c) sent his alleged snake package UPS. Only problem here is, UPS doesn't ship snakes! Uh oh!
d) this folks, is pre-meditated fraud and attempt to screw Doug over!

6) If Doug had gotten a snake in that return package, male or female, he would have no reason to create this post. It wouldn't exist.

7) In a nutshell, this is what I think happened:
a) Danny/Doug agreed on said transaction,
b) When Danny saw an 18" wrinkly (in shed) animal, buyers remorse set in
c) Danny, being a novice, began to now, question the gender and started "palpating".
d) Now, thinking he has a male, begins freaking out and e-mails Doug, who is 2-3 hours ahead and retired for the night.
e) Not getting an immediate response, he then decides to stop his payment through Paypal.
f) After, I'm sure a heated exchange (rightly or wrongly) w/Doug, Danny feels disrespected and decides to get even w/Doug.
g) Danny sends a very poorly executed illusion of a snake package, back to Doug. Think about it, Danny didn't even spend the "priority overnight" charge to create the illusion of a "live snake" package.

8) Now, Danny has a snake, whether male or female and Doug's out his money and his animal.

9) The kicker in all of this is: I've now looked at Danny's pic several times and it looks to me, that those are overly everted female scent glands. Hemipenes would be much longer and w/the force that's being shown, the tips would be red (engorged w/blood)

Old 03-07-2017, 12:26 AM   #27
DCueva
So Jeff Gonser,... how long have you known Doug for?

Considering this is the first time you post on here and its to defend him, and you are both from Ohio.

I was warned Doug's buddies would come out of the woodwork.

Old 03-07-2017, 05:13 AM   #28
JCCS
If you think palpating boas is inaccurate, you simply don't know how to do it. I've caught multiple mistakes from well known people who sexed by probing or popping by checking with palpation. It's the easiest method to learn and least traumatic on the snake as well.

Old 03-07-2017, 12:39 PM   #29
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCueva View Post
So Jeff Gonser,... how long have you known Doug for?

Considering this is the first time you post on here and its to defend him, and you are both from Ohio.

I was warned Doug's buddies would come out of the woodwork.
I see that you're STILL avoiding the questions put forth by others.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:10 PM   #30
DCueva
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
I see that you're STILL avoiding the questions put forth by others.

STILL avoiding?
Doug has yet to respond once. I have provided photos and emails.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!