Tentative list of membership options. - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-15-2005, 02:06 AM   #61
Glenn Bartley
I guess I am just daft but, I still just don't get why you want to limit posting on the BOI solely to people who pay. I understand the concept of getting rid of trolls, but I doubt it will work well. I can register multiple email addresses with PayPal, and pay that way using those multiple accounts if I wanted to be a true pain in the butt.

As it will be if you limit posts to those who pay dues, then someone who is a registered user but not a paying member who buys one animal in a lousy deal could have some really good info on a dirt bag dealer to expose the rat (the reason for the BOI or at least one of the reasons) and that info will not make it into the BOI. That would be a crying shame.

Oh well, sounds like adone deal so I will not rant about it more.

All the bst, G
B

Old 02-15-2005, 02:42 AM   #62
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Bartley
I guess I am just daft but, I still just don't get why you want to limit posting on the BOI solely to people who pay. I understand the concept of getting rid of trolls, but I doubt it will work well. I can register multiple email addresses with PayPal, and pay that way using those multiple accounts if I wanted to be a true pain in the butt.

As it will be if you limit posts to those who pay dues, then someone who is a registered user but not a paying member who buys one animal in a lousy deal could have some really good info on a dirt bag dealer to expose the rat (the reason for the BOI or at least one of the reasons) and that info will not make it into the BOI. That would be a crying shame.

Oh well, sounds like adone deal so I will not rant about it more.

All the bst, G
B
Glenn,

How many times do you think someone is going to register anew at $10 a pop? Do you really believe someone is going to do that very many times, just to have their registration deleted and that money NOT refunded if they are caught doing that? Sure they can do it, but if they do, then we can consider that $10 a pop as the cost of us spending the time to trace them and boot them back out of here. We have to do it anyway, but at least the site is getting paid to do it then.

Well my take on that is if it is not worth $10 to someone to out a "rat" on the BOI, then it is not worth my time, efforts, and expense to go through all that I have done, am doing, and will keep on doing to keep the BOI here for them to use. It is just THAT simple.

People have been whining for YEARS about the bs and trash posted on the BOI and a way needed to clean it up. Well folks, here it is. If you thought it was going to be something I do for free, then sorry, but that's just not the way it is going to be. You just tell me how much value you place on your time and tell me why my time should be worth less to me. I spend HOURS per day on this site doing stuff in the background trying to keep things running smoothly. Those are HOURS I could be spending doing things much more worthwhile to myself and my wife.

So this site has just come to a make or break point. If it goes belly up, then I figure I have just cut my losses and will get on with other things to do.

Old 02-15-2005, 02:57 AM   #63
riverjop
Hey Rich I think it looks great and I wish you the best of luck!

Old 02-15-2005, 03:57 AM   #64
critical bill
What's the fuss?

What the site is dictating it needs monetarily to survive is peanuts compared to what it saved me by avoiding a few fraudulent sellers. My first trip here was an inquiry that saved me $250 on a potential bad deal. I dont think contributing 10% back is such a bad deal and I'm rather embarrased I didnt think to do this without receiving a sort of wake up call.

I'll be contributing my share tomorrow to show my support for a site that needs to be kept in place.

Best,
Chuck Kimmel

Old 02-15-2005, 06:50 AM   #65
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
One thing that I thought of to help with the opinions that current long time members of this site be allowed the various perks for free was the option to make the $10 level *free* IF they have posted more then a set number of posts on this site within the time they have been here. I have tentatively set that number at 500, but may adjust that up or down as I think harder on this subject.
Maybe that should be the number needed after the plan is implemented (500 new posts). My reasoning is based on the lack of support from long time members who were stating they would leave if a fee was implemented. They have benifited from Fauna for years but when asked to pay $10 to $25 dollars their true lack of support is shown, thanks but goodbye.

Brian (bcfos) is a good example of someone who has been here for quite a while and made a large number of posts. He has shown that he doesn't support this site by his comments and actions like yesterday when he went on a negative rep point rampage because he wanted to stir up as much crap as he could prior to leaving. I'll bet the majority of people he gave negative rep points to were contributing members.

I just think that in order to receive the $10 level for free there should be some sort of support shown other than being while it was free. Not to mention the fact that anyone who has been here for a long period of time has already received many perks for free.

Old 02-15-2005, 07:33 AM   #66
Lucille
I do like the 500 post level for many reasons; it does act as proof to show a certain level of involvement here.

However, I am not sure there is anything (other than the direct action taken yesterday) to protect from the likes of Brian. I think it is sad when people like me who gain a few rep points at a time by work, time and effort see many of them taken and destroyed by someone like him in a few minutes.

I agree that participation by post level (500) should be rewarded, as interaction builds the industry by transferring information.

Old 02-15-2005, 07:45 AM   #67
Bill_Leverton
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
Brian (bcfos) is a good example of someone who has been here for quite a while and made a large number of posts. He has shown that he doesn't support this site by his comments and actions like yesterday when he went on a negative rep point rampage because he wanted to stir up as much crap as he could prior to leaving. I'll bet the majority of people he gave negative rep points to were contributing members.
I thought he gave me mine for that picture of him standing out in front of the store. But 1 neg point compared to all the pos points I'll live with it ...wish he would of aleast put a comment .......He use to be an ok guy

Old 02-15-2005, 08:02 AM   #68
DAND
I PMed him and asked him why he felt it necessary to take points for this post I made:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
(Upside) Unless you had is copyrighted. Then you could go after them with both guns a blazing.

(Downside) Of course that would cost time and money.

This was his response:

Re: Rep points

The blind following the blind on that post. Seems like this pro-active approch is going to end up allowing just anyone to buy a "Good Guy" rating even the bad ones. A sinking ship so bail why you can...

Brian C. Foster

Old 02-15-2005, 08:24 AM   #69
Lucille
I gifted you two, above, with points; I have faith that in the end, good triumphs over evil....

Perhaps this thread is wandering astray, back on topic with us; but in fact it is collateral to membership, and membership privileges..

Old 02-15-2005, 08:34 AM   #70
Bill_Leverton
I dont see it as Blind Following the Blind. I see it as Its time to come into the 21st Century Everybody has a reason to be here ....For fun ....Knowledge or just to see who to stay away from. Me, Im here because some of Y'all are good People

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!