Meeting People - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 07-13-2005, 07:29 PM   #1
LindzS02
Meeting People

my roommate and i were both talking about how hard it is to meet good guys that we'd want a relationship with. we're both 21 and agree that while you may occassionally meet a guy you'd want to date in a bar, there are plenty that aren't our type. we came to the conclusion that the best way to meet guys seems to be through friends but then comes the issue that we're pretty much friends with the same people and hang out with mostly the same group of girls. since we're graduating in a year we realized that it's only going to get harder because classes were one way to meet people and soon we won't even have that resource. these guys have to be out there somewhere, but where?!

any thoughts on this? anyone else having similar problems/thoughts?

Old 07-13-2005, 07:59 PM   #2
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindzS02
these guys have to be out there somewhere, but where?!
Wisconsin.

Old 07-13-2005, 08:22 PM   #3
Jim O
At the beach of course.

Old 07-13-2005, 08:30 PM   #4
Tyrone
Talking

I am not sure on that one but I am looking for the (good) girls if you know of any around here Boise Idaho let me know not many like the reptiles so much otherwise I will send the guys your way ! The good ones of course. Watch out for that Paul guy LOL . PS You might see if they have the speed dating where your at. Good Luck

Old 07-13-2005, 10:59 PM   #5
kiote9
You have to look where the people you want to find are.

It may sound too obvious, but think about it:

Drinkers, partiers, and players hang out at bars. So do lonely people.

Work.....depends on the type of job

Exercise class....yeah

Library, grocery store, school, gas station, sporting goods store, RV dealership, realty offices....where do you go? what do you ultimately want?

You want a reptile person hang out with reptile people. ASSOCIATE with the type of people you want to be with.

My grandmother used to say that one needed to "program" into their mind EXACTLY what they are looking for in a person. She claimed that if you knew exactly what you were looking for you would find it. Power of positive thinking. I never tried it, but I imagine it could work. (I don't look for people, if someone comes along it's ok (fate, LOL)....but I don't actively seek companionship. Forums and reptile shows are about the farthest I go with intentionally meeting people.)

Old 07-13-2005, 11:36 PM   #6
Laura Fopiano
Red face Good point Shelly

If you ladies are posting on a reptile forum, then attend a few shows. There are so many hot young guys out here that I sometimes wish I was single and half my age! LOL
Also make a list in writing of what kind of traits you are looking for in a partner, age, race, social statis ect. And don't settle for less. Just remember to watch out for what you pray for, you might just get it!! And let me tell you, my god has a wicked sence of humor!!
Any how just my thoughts from a lady who's been there before. Ah to be young again..........Nah

Old 07-15-2005, 01:45 PM   #7
LindzS02
haha wisconsin and virginia beach are a bit on the far side from me. i really don't think i'm that picky when it comes to guys. i want someone who's a good person and caring and who i can laugh and have fun but can also talk to about serious things. in terms of looks, it's whatever i'm attracted to. so basically it comes down to 1. am i attracted to you? and 2. do we clique? i do seem to consistently go for dark hair and dark eyes, but i don't want to limit myself. the reptile show sounds like a good idea. anyone know of any in philly area or a reasonable drive from there? not only would it be a great way to meet guys, but i also think it'd be a lot of fun to check one out cause i've never been.

Old 07-15-2005, 06:09 PM   #8
kiote9
Hamburg, PA: Northern Berks Reptile show and sale, Saturday August 6th, 2005
9:00 AM – 4:30 PM

More info at northernberksreptileshow.com

That's the first one I could find. If you go to kingsnake.com and click on the events link you'll find a list of shows.

Old 07-16-2005, 11:45 AM   #9
LindzS02
ok great- thank you!

Old 07-16-2005, 12:16 PM   #10
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindzS02
haha wisconsin and virginia beach are a bit on the far side from me.
All depends on perspective. Every summer I see hundreds of cars here with Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Michigan (among many others of course) tags that are here vacationing. You can count on warm (but not hot) water, a clean beach, good food, and safe streets. And the surf isn't too shabby (at least by east coast standards ).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!