Where is..... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 02:54 PM   #21
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
And if ANYONE wants to stage a protest because of this decision, then knock yourself out. If you feel the need to choose between "Wes" and "this mess", then go ahead and choose.
Oh....easy there Governor....your talking like I side swiped your vette or something. Whatever your crisis is now I didn't mean to make it worse with my comments. I only said a sit out, not a complete walk out or anything about making choices between Wes and your website. I know how to demonstrate peacefully Rich and you have plenty of mods dressed in full riot gear in case it gets out of hand. Lets see what happens shall we?

I'll be sitting out on Fauna for the next two days, if ANYONE wants to join me thats their decision. But I don't need ANYONE else to do what I need to do nor am I asking ANYONE to join me. I'm doing this not in protest of fauna and its rules, but rather in honor of a guy that I feel made this place a whole lot safer from bona fide bad guys and generally just more entertaining to be a part of.

Catch you in 48 hours....

One last thing...has it ever dawned on you that when you initially suspend someone that perhaps a "cooling off period" is in order before they can become reinstated to post? How many times have you suspended someone only to have them immediately come back to continue what caused their suspension? I mean, for chrissake, even a jail has a drunk tank to sleep it off for 24 hours before you can be on your way again.

Old 11-17-2005, 03:02 PM   #22
Stardust
Marcia, I am not even sure he does. And not because of Rich, he respects him. Thats all I will say on that.
I was trying to say my peace of what I knew of the situation. I am happy to see, though, that I am not the only one that will miss him here.

Old 11-17-2005, 04:55 PM   #23
coyote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Gate Geckos
I don't understand why anyone that has been banned from Fauna would even want to come back.
I suppose I didn't consider this.

Old 11-17-2005, 05:26 PM   #24
DAND
Lightbulb

Quote:
Sorry, but that's just the way it is. Yes, I know I relented on Neil's case, and look how it is now being thrown up into my face. So you are asking me to do that again?
Then get rid of neil and all will be fair and well.

Old 11-17-2005, 06:05 PM   #25
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
Oh....easy there Governor....your talking like I side swiped your vette or something. Whatever your crisis is now I didn't mean to make it worse with my comments. I only said a sit out, not a complete walk out or anything about making choices between Wes and your website. I know how to demonstrate peacefully Rich and you have plenty of mods dressed in full riot gear in case it gets out of hand. Lets see what happens shall we?

I'll be sitting out on Fauna for the next two days, if ANYONE wants to join me thats their decision. But I don't need ANYONE else to do what I need to do nor am I asking ANYONE to join me. I'm doing this not in protest of fauna and its rules, but rather in honor of a guy that I feel made this place a whole lot safer from bona fide bad guys and generally just more entertaining to be a part of.
No crisis here, Bill. I'm just telling you the way it is here now. I am making it plain to everyone that I'm not putting up with the crap any longer, no matter who it is from and what the reasons behind it. The point of this thread, as far as I can tell, is to try to second guess my decision about some "guy" who proved he was not compatible with the stricter enforcement of the rules here lately. If you find that worthy of "honor" then that is your decision to make. If you feel that some entertainment value has been lost with his absence, then so be it. Personally, I have decided that "entertainment" is not a goal I want to strive for with this site.

Old 11-17-2005, 06:07 PM   #26
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
Then get rid of neil and all will be fair and well.
Sorry, but I find it difficult to believe that anyone would feel that retroactive stricter enforcement of the rules would be fair at all.

Old 11-17-2005, 06:38 PM   #27
Jim O
Quote:
No crisis here, Bill.
Ummm....Rich?

His name is Chuck.

Old 11-17-2005, 09:00 PM   #28
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Ummm....Rich?

His name is Chuck.
So it is......... Thank you.

But unless "Chuck" or "Critical Bill" drops that statement in his user title:
Quote:
Die Dynes Die
I will be changing it to something else. Like Fined & Suspended........ And he is getting awfully close to the 100 point ejection limit.

I can see that I am going to have to create a catchall warning that says something along the lines of:

ANYTHING at all that the moderators or admin consider as generally abusive in nature of this site or the members (either past or present) within. Evidently I need that to catch the loopholes that some people seem keen on searching out and exploiting.

Old 11-18-2005, 03:05 PM   #29
Bill_Leverton
Ok I'm Lost Now

Rich, I am starting to understand the hows and whys of this new turn over, but what I don't understand is why is it that The people Wes made go away can come back with new name and lose all their warning points ???? maybe it just me but this doesn't sit right in the scheme of things JMO

Old 11-18-2005, 04:26 PM   #30
Chris Kennard
Huh-whu?

Quote:
Rich, I am starting to understand the hows and whys of this new turn over, but what I don't understand is why is it that The people Wes made go away can come back with new name and lose all their warning points ???? maybe it just me but this doesn't sit right in the scheme of things JMO

And just who are those "people" you are referring to? Are they actively posting now? For the record, I am quite grief-stricken with regard to Wes' absence even though I think his ousting was a long time coming. I only wish I had the opportunity to say goodbye.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread