Dog Names - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 11-18-2005, 09:46 AM   #11
Bill & Amy
Dodger

Our dogs name is Dodger. Not very original, Humane Society named him. He has curly hair on his ears, So I usually call him "Girly Ears" .

Old 11-18-2005, 10:49 AM   #12
South Dixie Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Awwwwwwwww Michelle.....I sued to have a little 13" Beagle named, "Catlynn Boot Scootin Boogie, lmao......"Scooter" was her call name....
Great minds think alike! I am saving that name for a future dog.."South Dixie's Boot Scootin Boogie"... I was trying to think of a good call name to go with it..I just may have to steal the "Scooter" part from you!

Old 11-18-2005, 11:48 AM   #13
Cat_72
LOL, feel free, Michele. But take note.....that SHOULD have read I USED to, not I SUED to, hehehe. I think I even used spell check that time, duh.

And Bill, Dodger is very cute.....but jeez, "girly ears"???? LMAO!!!!

Old 11-18-2005, 06:26 PM   #14
eddie1976
The dogs I have right now are all named by my daughter.
Pit-Pearl (for obvious reasons)
Shepard- Steffie (she looked like a steffie)
Spike- out 17 pound terrier. My daughter said she wanted a tough sounding dog. But consider his name at the shelter was peanut......

But my favorite dogs name was my Black German Shepard who I used to show. Kekepania Nalani Kekoa- Keke for short. It is Hawaiian for Stephanie fromthe heavens of the courageous one. We were living in Hawaii at the time, so it seemed the thing to do.

Old 11-18-2005, 06:51 PM   #15
Dennis1
I had a puppy when i was a kid
I named him Ruff
He was just a mutt but the best dog i ever had He followed me everywhere even school
He used to drop me off and then pick me up from shcool
He died of old age I miss him very much!!!

Old 11-18-2005, 11:40 PM   #16
Clay Davenport
We have a couple of minature schnauzers. One is named Oscar. We never got around to submitting his papers, so he never got a fancy name.
The other is named Cathy's Spirit of Loki, and we call her Sadie. Their collective name is Dogs. I say "come here dogs" and they both come running.
We don't show them. Showing dogs never got our interest. Not that we could show these two if we wanted to, their coat colors are non standard so they are disqualified.

Old 11-19-2005, 12:35 AM   #17
MGReptiles

Sydney

Old 11-19-2005, 02:07 AM   #18
Cat_72
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...................

Old 11-19-2005, 08:38 AM   #19
Jim O
I have always favored "people" names for my dogs though often my kids have intervened and given them more typical pet names.

I've had a Teddy, Sam, and Alex (Queen Alexandra). All of those are gone now.

I have a Pug named George (George Lopez) because of his appearance.

My Cocker Spaniel is Alexandra's Angel, after our previous Cocker Spaniel. We call her Angel.

Lucky the crazy Sheltie is simply lucky to be alive.

Lady, the Golden Retriever was named by my then four year old daughter as Laurie's Little Baby Lady after the dog in Lady and the Tramp. Ironically, we had a female Cocker Spaniel at the time too.

Attached are some old (c. 1998-1999) pics of some of my now gone dogs. The first is Sam (left, the Golden with the ridge on his snout) with Lady. If you saw Lady's current pic on the other dog thread you know she is much more grey now.

The second is Alex, a beautiful, sweet Cocker Spaniel. She was my little girlfriend.
Attached Images

Old 11-19-2005, 09:12 AM   #20
Bill & Amy
Here he is!!

Here is Dodger aka "Girly Ears", part springer and lab, about 5 months old.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!