Status check and poll on recent crack down - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: Has the recent enforcement of the rules been successful?
Yes, and stay the course. 31 47.69%
Somewhat, but scale back a bit. 29 44.62%
Not really, so roll back to the way it used to be. 5 7.69%
No, you need to try something else entirely. See post. 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #1
WebSlave
Status check and poll on recent crack down

OK, I think the recent crackdown on trying to weed out the antagonism and general animosity that has pervaded some of the posting here has been pretty successful, but I want to get some feedback from other people.

Generally, do you think things have gotten better, worse, or stayed the same? Do I hold the course, roll back the hardline stance, or perhaps take a bit of a middle of the road position and scale back the penalties a bit?

I am thinking a scale back may be in order, but nowhere near back to the way things were. Perhaps making most of the instant suspension warnings a 5 pointer, that would effectively be a single warning. A second warning will then trigger the automatic suspension and fine. The reason I even mention this is because it is quite likely that newbies will not realize the severity of the penalty for some infractions, so a warning shot may be in order rather then a shot to the head for a first time offense. In the case of the people already pretty high up on the warning point scale, it makes little, if any difference whether the warning point is a 5 pointer or a 10 pointer. If they are already over the 10 point limit, ANYTHING that is an infraction will get them suspended and fined.

All things considered, I felt a sharp rap on the knuckles (figuratively speaking) was in order to get my point across. Now that we have a baseline of what is acceptable behavior, and this point has been made abundantly clear to some people, I want to reassess where we are today to see what is best for tomorrow. So please provide your input and let's see what we need to do at this point.

Old 01-02-2006, 10:17 AM   #2
ms_terese
Quote:
The reason I even mention this is because it is quite likely that newbies will not realize the severity of the penalty for some infractions, so a warning shot may be in order rather then a shot to the head for a first time offense.
Have you had an abundance of newbies that have been issued 10 pt. warnings right off the bat? Maybe they've been here and gone so quickly I didn't even notice them.

Old 01-02-2006, 10:53 AM   #3
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_terese
Have you had an abundance of newbies that have been issued 10 pt. warnings right off the bat? Maybe they've been here and gone
so quickly I didn't even notice them.
No, that has not happened, but now that the initial sweep has had the effect I hoped for, I need to consider this as a possible problem that needs to be anticipated. Even if that had happened, it would be rather difficult for a casual observer to make note of it, I think.

Old 01-02-2006, 08:26 PM   #4
coyote
Stay the course!
Human nature what it is, antagonism and hostility are not going to end without there being motivation to self-inhibit.

Old 01-02-2006, 11:37 PM   #5
ms_terese
Quote:
No, that has not happened, but now that the initial sweep has had the effect I hoped for, I need to consider this as a possible problem that needs to be anticipated. Even if that had happened, it would be rather difficult for a casual observer to make note of it, I think.
If the initial sweep has had the effect you hoped for, then don't change anything. If a newbie shows up and begins posting things that would warrant the 10 pt. assessments right off the bat, then it's probably someone you wouldn't want here anyway.

Old 01-16-2006, 01:00 PM   #6
Chameleon Company
Rich brought this poll to my attention today, and I thank him for his efforts here, and in a thread located in the "Feedback Forum" entitled "Another Disillusioned Past Contributor". To anyone who has the chance, give it a look, as I think it illustrates both sides of the concerns here, and Rich has taken much time there to explain some of the parameters regarding some warning-point infractions.

Old 02-14-2006, 02:12 PM   #7
NiCoLe L RuSSeLL
this is a repost:
As a fairly new member who is active on some other sites all I can say is-- these rules are in place for reasons. It's the same reason it's illegal to confront someone in a threatening way in NYC---thats without touching or even speaking---just walking up tot hem in a threatening way---it's illegal they way assault is also illegal. Both can get you locked up. That law sort of stops things from getting to the next step...and the next step is never a good place.
That being said, I think this person's (Cheryl) past should have been examined more closely before handing out a fine and a ban. Was she a known troublemaker? Could it have indeed been ana innocnet mistake? Perhaps a few more warnings or points should be handed out before performing such a harsh punishment. After seeing someone has no respect for the rules (like after more then 2 or 3 times), you can then feel guiltless in your banning and fining. Eventually-- the troublemakers will be gone and the innocent "mistake makers" will get the point.
No harm done.
Just my 2 cents.

Old 02-14-2006, 07:31 PM   #8
The BoidSmith
Over three years ago and during a sudden raid by BOI authorities (aka Webslave) I was awarded the 1st warning point ever in this site (distinction shared with other members) for unnecessary roughness.

"If I can change and if you can change...everyone can change"...( Picture Rocky’s voice addressing the Russian crowd after the fight is over in Rocky IV).

The latest point was for having four lines in my signature. No complaints here...

Yes, and stay the course.

Old 02-14-2006, 08:42 PM   #9
crotalusadamanteus
I say stay the course also. I have noticed a little less "antagonism", as stated above, since you tightened the reins. I also think the idea of the 5 pointer as a first offense penalty in lieu of fine and suspension is more than fair concidering the alternative.

Rick

Old 02-14-2006, 09:50 PM   #10
WebSlave
Bear in mind that a simple majority does not a mandate make. When I test the waters, what I am looking for is pretty much an overwhelming majority in order to make changes in policy. If it is NOT overwhelming, then I just take for granted that the status quo RIGHT NOW is OK for the most part, so I don't see any overwhelming need to make any changes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!