Please pray for my sweet little Sunny - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 01-06-2006, 05:43 PM   #1
KelliH
Please pray for my sweet little Sunny

Our precious mini dachshund, Sundance, hurt her back and is now completely paralyzed from mid back down to her tail tip. It is so heartbreaking, but we haven't given up on her yet. She is staying at the vet over the weekend, and we will find out if she is any better on Monday. Sometimes they do regain use of their back legs after aggressive steroid therapy. There is a surgery that can be done, but it is very expensive and with her being completely paralyzed in the back half, it most likely would not help her. This is unfortunately extremely common in dachshunds. They are such wonderful dogs, it just isn't fair that she is having to go through this. Please keep Sunny in your thoughts and prayers for me. My dogs are part of the family and I cannot bear the thought of her not being here any more. I am hoping for a miracle.

Old 01-06-2006, 05:48 PM   #2
Lucille
I am so sorry that poor Sunny has this injury; you and your family, including Sunny, remain in my prayers. Please send updates as soon as you have them.

Old 01-06-2006, 06:02 PM   #3
Jeremy Letkey
Kelli, I was sorry to hear about Sundances problem. I know it is very hard on you and I do hope that things work out for the best. I know that you may have a hard decision to make. If you need anything let me know. Even if it's just someone to talk to.

Old 01-06-2006, 06:07 PM   #4
KelliH
Thanks Lucille and Jeremy, I appreciate that. I'll keep you posted.

Old 01-06-2006, 06:27 PM   #5
Golden Gate Geckos
Kelli, you, your family, and Sundance are always in my prayers! Our little creatures ARE family members, and please know you can count on me for support anytime you need it...

Old 01-06-2006, 06:31 PM   #6
Tere Salazar
Oh, Kelli

I'm so sorry to hear about Sunny. You know I've got a real soft spot for dachshund since I have two of them. She is beautiful (as is her Mommy), and I'll keep all of you in my prayers. My heart goes out to you.

Old 01-06-2006, 09:01 PM   #7
Ginger Ambrose
Kelli.
I am sorry to hear about Sunny's injury. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
May she recover.

Ginger Ambrose

Old 01-06-2006, 09:23 PM   #8
Cat_72
So sorry to hear of Sunny's injury Kelli.....as you said, it's something all too common in Dachshunds, but I've seen them come great strides in treating injuries like this. And being the true hounds they are.....they are very resilient.

My thoughts are with you.....keep us posted.

Old 01-07-2006, 01:07 AM   #9
coyote
Are you considering getting a doggie cart for her if the steroids aren't effective? You know, one of those doggie wheelchairs.

Old 01-07-2006, 02:35 AM   #10
KelliH
Quote:
Are you considering getting a doggie cart for her if the steroids aren't effective? You know, one of those doggie wheelchairs.
Right now I am just waiting to see how she does over the weekend. She was very, very unhappy today, she cannot control her bladder function so the pee just dribbles out all the time. She is very frightened and obviously in major distress. It's just real sad. I don't really think Sundance would be happy with a cart, not able to control her peeing/pooping. But I will make that decision after the weekend.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!