Flint River Ranch? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 05-14-2006, 12:03 PM   #11
Lucille
That's very competitive with Innova which costs out at about $1.60/lb. incl. tax, and it has, like Innova, a series of meat and meals instead of grains as top ingredients. I think I will stop by and pick up a bag in the next few days and see what the dogs say.

Old 05-14-2006, 12:06 PM   #12
Cat_72
My Molly is a VERY picky eater, and she LOVES it.....even my human nose thinks it smells tasty.

Old 05-14-2006, 12:13 PM   #13
coyote
Cat, what in the heck is BSL?

I guess this is one area where I get to enjoy an advantage over the rest of you guys. I buy both Nutro and Diamond at the local feed store. I'm paying at least $2 less per bag on the diamond and $10 less per bag on the Nutro. I tend to mix them up. One dog gets old dog and/or fat dog, the other gets an adult maintenance formula.

Old 05-14-2006, 12:29 PM   #14
Cat_72
BSL=Breed specific laws. Or "breed bans". Those places where people say you can't own a Pit Bull, Rott, GSD, or anything that looks like it MIGHT contain any of the breeds that are banned.

From May 9, 2005 to May 8, 2006 they killed 1056 dogs that either were or simply resembled Pit Bulls in Denver, CO. None of these dogs bit anyone......

Old 05-14-2006, 12:37 PM   #15
Lucille
Not to get an argument going, but I happen to agree with specific legislation that forbids wolves as pets. Same sort of analysis that is the reasoning used for domestic breeds but in this case of wolves I believe the analysis to be correct.

Old 05-14-2006, 12:44 PM   #16
Cat_72
I do agree with regulation of wolf hybrids.

I also support laws regulating the keeping of ANY vicious animal as a pet.

I do not agree with the murder of family pets just because they look like a certain breed, especially with the lack of knowledge some people have identifying said breeds. Many people have thought my registered, purebred treeing cur "looks like a pitbull", and in man places, that would be enough to sentence her to death. That just ain't right.

Old 05-16-2006, 09:44 PM   #17
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
My Molly is a VERY picky eater, and she LOVES it.....even my human nose thinks it smells tasty.
The feed store next town over used to have it but it did not sell well I think because it was a feed store and it was pricier that some they sell, he is going to order some for me.
Cathy I want to compliment you on your down home approach to foods and dogs in general. I was on another site and sometimes I got the feeling from some, elsewhere, that if you don't buy the very most premium top of the line, it isn't good food.
I have looked at some dog sites for info and some are down home and loving, but it seems to me that some other dog experts are kind of preachy although I am sure they mean well.

Old 05-16-2006, 09:54 PM   #18
Cat_72
Thanks Lucille.....that means a lot, especially from someone like you.

It comes down to basic research, good sense, and what makes my furballs happy and healthy. There's some of those "top of the line" foods that I wouldn't feed to my rats.....all you are paying for is their advertising, not quality ingredients that can be found in some foods that are more reasonably priced.

My Crested is on a diet right now however, and he seems to think I am gradually torturing and starving him, however. He's only getting HALF of a treat when he comes in from outside and was a good boy, lol.....and his food bowl is not being filled 3 times a day. I am an evil doggie mom right now.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:23 PM   #19
dragonflyreptiles
I use to think that wolf hybrids were really cool, shows how young well not young but younger and before children. Someone hsa one here and every other week it winds up in my yard. Ive beenable to get within 3 feet of himthen he runs, then his owner comes and he jumps inthe truck. If you are going to have an animal or any animal for that fact you need to have them protected and from what Animal Control told me this guys hybird has to cross over a 2 lane then a 4 lane then another 3 lane to get to my house.

Now if I could just figure out why he thinks he needs to come to my house Id feel a bit more sane. I have no females, no outside food, just 6 acres of woods, myabe he likes the hunt in the woods and picked mine.

Either way this hybrid should have been long taken from this guy, if I see it too many mre times after all of the promises of him being able to care for him, I might just go do something about it all since animal control won't. (PS Id never hurt an animal but get them to a proper care giver)

Old 05-16-2006, 10:38 PM   #20
dragonflyreptiles
Oh and this was abotu food so here is what I do:

Diamond Naturals Lamb and Rice mixed half and half with Proplan Selects (Turkey based) for everyday feeding bu I add:

Mon 2 tablespoon vionate with 2 tablespoons corn oil ( helps with coat management and shedding)

Tues 1/2 cup rice cooked in bullion, 2 tablespoons garlic (helps with fleas and coat)

Wed 1/2 cup cooked boneless chicken, 2 tablespoons vionate (seems to help coat and shedding)

Thur add 1/2 cup cooked ground beef, 2 tablespoons garlic (seems to help with fleas and caot)

Gut cleasing day
Fri ONLY 1/2 cup cooked rice in bullion, 2 tablespoons garlic, 1/2 cooked boneless chicken, 1/2 cup cooked ground beef, 2 tablespoons vionate and 2 tablespoons corn oil, 1/4 cup metamucil

Sat is Thur and Sun is Wed then back to Monday.

I just make sure our dinner allows for these meat items to be left overs and cook enough for the dog too. And I cook up the rice 5lbs at a time and freeze it in baggies so I can heat and serve on the days needed.

They also get greens, black eye peas, pintos, carrots, green beans and corn added 1/2 cup every meal. I just cut up the greens on Sunday so they last the whole week then cook the frozen veges so I can mix up what I need for a week and put it in baggies to heat and serve on top of their daily varied diet.

Yes, I know Im crazy, will never try to debate that but I like to feed my animals as well as I feed my family, the only thing the dogs do not get is steak, bones or pork that we eat.

They also get mashed potatoes when I fix them (in place of the rice) and a few other goodies that have slipped my mind as I type.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!