The wild, wild, west! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:36 PM   #31
Monte
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
So why should I expend all that time, effort, and energy to muzzle those people dead set on making fools of themselves?

So now people are blaming me because they no longer have a "daddy" here to run to?
No one is asking you to do anything at all. I'm just commenting or perhaps, lamenting on how this site has declined, in my opinion.

Yes, yes, yes, I know - don't let the door him me on the butt.

Hey - it's your dough - spend it how you like.

Old 11-13-2006, 01:24 PM   #32
WebSlave
Yeah, I know. Another complaint that I am not making this site exactly what YOU want it to be. Well what about the other guy who wants it like it is? Of that other person who liked the very strict rule enforcement? Or that other guy who wants absolutely NO rules whatsoever?

I can't please everyone, and if I am going to be banged over the head no matter what I do, then I choose to do the least amount of effort possible in order to receive that head banging. I'm done being the resident masochist around here.

Old 11-13-2006, 01:34 PM   #33
Monte
Rich, I'm certainly not bashing you at all. Just commenting.

Lighten up a bit. My disappointment in the site doesn't mean I'm bashing you. Not in the least.

Besides - a happy medium can be struck. There are a lot of forums which accomplish this.

Old 11-13-2006, 01:40 PM   #34
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Yeah, I know. Another complaint that I am not making this site exactly what YOU want it to be. Well what about the other guy who wants it like it is? Of that other person who liked the very strict rule enforcement? Or that other guy who wants absolutely NO rules whatsoever?

I can't please everyone, and if I am going to be banged over the head no matter what I do, then I choose to do the least amount of effort possible in order to receive that head banging. I'm done being the resident masochist around here.
Rich,

I know you get a lot of idiots who are just trying to be pains in the ass, but many others that you throw the "complaining" and "head banging" tag on are just trying to have an adult conversation. They aint complaining or trying to give you grief. They are just exchanging ideas and trying to help make the site better as a whole, not just for them personally.

And I also know that many of the ideas thrown around have been tried and havent worked out well and you get a lot of the same stuff repeated over and over. But not everyone has personal agendas, they just care about this site and want to see it thrive. I dont think those people deserve to get banged over the head by you just because they care.

Old 11-13-2006, 02:35 PM   #35
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte
Rich, I'm certainly not bashing you at all. Just commenting.

Lighten up a bit. My disappointment in the site doesn't mean I'm bashing you. Not in the least.

Besides - a happy medium can be struck. There are a lot of forums which accomplish this.
Perhaps you aren't looking at this from my perspective. I make the decisions here on how this site IS, so anyone bashing the results of my decisions is also bashing me because what you see here is the result of my decisions on how to run it, or allow it to be by deliberate inaction on my part.

It's not like you are complaining to middle management about a company and they just shrug it off saying that they are just following orders. You are talking to the guy who makes those orders. That's a WHOLE different situation.

In other words, if someone looks at your child and says the child is ugly and stupid, it's YOUR genes involved in making the child look and act the way it is. And you are telling me you wouldn't get offended at that if it were YOUR child?

In my case, I am telling you that I tried the plastic surgery and mental enhancements on this site and they did not help reach the nirvana that some people think is attainable. It just cost me a lot of time, money, effort, and aggravation trying to reach that goal, which in my opinion, was all wasted. And now people are blaming me because I have decided to stop wasting all of the above on this site.

So I am letting the site be whatever it is based on what the people here make it. So ugly and stupid is as ugly and stupid does here. That's your choice to make. I am not interested in trying to make this site, and by association those people to whom the label applies, less ugly and less stupid looking through my own efforts. As far as the outside world is concerned YOU are what YOU post here. If you want to make yourself look like a fool, I am not going to stand in your way with a bunch of rules and guidelines, or clean up your mess afterwards.

Old 11-13-2006, 02:40 PM   #36
Monte
OK then.

Point taken.

Sorry if you were offended.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:21 PM   #37
Mike Greathouse
Wow Rich,
If all of this makes you so unhappy, maybe it's time to turn it over to someone else. I'm sure that there are people who would be willing to take over, or at least, bear some of the load.

On the other hand, you must be getting some type of fulfillment from this, or else, I would think that you would simply pull the plug!

Old 11-13-2006, 04:07 PM   #38
WebSlave
Well that certainly is one of my choices, Mike. But instead I decided to see what happens with the site mostly on it's own. I do step in here and there, but only in limited instances.

I think the site still is usefull to a lot of people, so do you think it would be right of me to cop a "take my bat and go home" attitude instead of this one? How many people do you think would be pissed off at me if I did that?

As long as the paid memberships and advertisements keep this site operating in the black, it will still be here. But if those go away and I am expected to financially support this site on my own, no, it will not remain.

I am comfortable with my mostly hands-off role here now. Of course, I never expected everyone to like it either, but since when is that unusual?

As for turning it over to someone else, yeah that would work. Then people would be bashing me for my poor choice in who would be running the site.

Thanks, but no thanks.

The way it is now seems to be working as well, if not better, than some of the other methods I have used. And I have definitely cut way back on my daily Excedrin usage.....

Old 11-13-2006, 04:10 PM   #39
Mike Greathouse
Fair enough - just know that there's help available when you need/want it.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:35 AM   #40
SPJ
This guy needs to be banned. Waaaayyyy to wild wild west posts from this idiot.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...5&postcount=54

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!