YOU GOTTA CHECK THIS OUT on Kingsnake! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-08-2003, 01:38 PM   #1
Tony
Stop! YOU GOTTA CHECK THIS OUT on Kingsnake!

Check out this link. It is regarding someone questioning Mellisa Kaplans expertise on iguanas. It is pretty funny. Here is the link it is posted on January 7th.

Kingsnakes Iguana Forum

Tony Alles

Old 01-08-2003, 02:22 PM   #2
Stardust
I have seen that as I frequent that forum. I must say I do have Melissa Kaplan's book and she has helped me, I have read a lot of threads about her but tend to make my own judgements. I have many iguana books and pick and choose what is right for me and mine.
I am more interested in seeing what KS does regarding this matter on their forum. I personally find this quite amusing, and was wondering when it would hit here, less than 24 hours.

Rozann Lamont

Old 01-08-2003, 02:43 PM   #3
E2MacPets
Okay now here's an issue.... this person cut and pasted dialogue from the kingsnake thread here into that thread!!

This could get ugly...

For reference here of just what he cut/paste...

Entered from cache-ntc-ai05.proxy.aol.com at 198.81.27.10 --G-Money
http://forum.kingsnake.com/iguana/messages/61199.html

Old 01-08-2003, 02:56 PM   #4
Darin Chappell
That's just what I was thinking. What's worse is that I still don't fully understand what he was trying to accomplish by doing that. Am I missing something which is painfully obvious to everyone else?

Old 01-08-2003, 02:57 PM   #5
Tony
It is probably just someone trying to cause trouble like always, but it is pretty funny. Everyone on there is ripping the person who posted it to shreads. I just thought people would be interested in seeing it since there has been so much talk on here lately about kingsnake. The webslave said you couldn't post any mention of faunaclassifieds on kingsnake.com. What happened? It probably get deleted soon.

Tony Alles

Old 01-08-2003, 02:57 PM   #6
Adam Block
Man, now I really see how sorry KS and their forums are! No names? No accountability! You got idiots old and young jumping on the bandwagon. That is just pathetic and sorry!

Adam Block

PS Anybody wanna start a pool on how long it'll take for that post to be moved or changed?

Old 01-08-2003, 03:09 PM   #7
Stardust
This is what I want to see, if KS really does boot someone off for just mentioning this forum. I have heard about it but never seen it. Seeing is believing. It will be a slight blow to me because I do frequent their forums.

Old 01-08-2003, 03:25 PM   #8
Seamus Haley
Thank you for the heads up Tony, while the original poster may have caused a great number of problems in the re-post of text from this website and his methods were far from ideal, it did in some measure at least get the concept out that some of KS's moderators are of questionable credibility and that Jeff may not be the most reasonable of human beings.

I did personally take the oppurtunity to post my own thoughts on Kaplan which, while negative are at least rational and thought out. I'll be interested to see if anyone on there can "Rip (ME to shreds", I doubt it but you never know I suppose.

For those who might be interested, my KS login name is M_surinamensis (And the name I use in IRC chats incidentally) and I do sign my KS posts, few though there may be, with my name and e-mail address. If anyone wishes to respond to my posting there or via e-mail, I welcome whatever thoughts you might have, even those I may disagree with.

Old 01-08-2003, 03:41 PM   #9
jbuncc
excellent post seamus! it'll be interesting to see who replies and how as well as what will become of the thread!
later man, jb

Old 01-08-2003, 03:49 PM   #10
Stardust
that really was a well thought post on KS. I did not know that, and will try to check out what you have said. It sounds tho- like you have done your homework. Still she has helped me and that is what I care about, I am, however, glad you brought this to light as I will think twice when looking there for my other animals. As I say, I take more than ones info and adjust it to what I think is right.
So far, the thread there is still on.... can someone point out to me where I can look where it says that Fauna is not to be mentioned on KS???

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!