Alan Hall Jungle Habitats - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:24 PM   #31
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by nora
But look at this post he made in the one thread you started about him, Steve.

maybe if people actually had a way to contact him, they wouldnt be having these problems.
People do contact him. He ignores them and then claims he didn't know anything.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:03 PM   #32
Gary O
Wes have you ever thought about leaving name calling out of it. It may help with the name thing. Call people by their names. It is respect. You show respect and you recieve it.

Just a thought.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:11 PM   #33
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O
Wes have you ever thought about leaving name calling out of it. It may help with the name thing. Call people by their names. It is respect. You show respect and you recieve it.

Just a thought.
Have you ever thought that I may have considered it and then thought I just don't care if guys like buttterball respect me?

Why don't you let me take care of me and quit shadowing every post I make?

Old 02-19-2008, 08:59 PM   #34
nora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Damn, I SUCK with names. Please disreguard the post above.

Abhesheck (I know I spelled that wrong but I want to get this correction up before someone else posts) is above reproach. A real good guy. I confused his sign in name with al ''butterball" cortiz.

Sorry.
LOL. Stupid.

that was just classic wes.. haha

Old 02-19-2008, 09:06 PM   #35
nora
Quote:
Originally Posted by psilocybe
Even if that's the case, he still has an obligation to his customers...at the very least, he needs to communicate with them. I find it hard to believe that he can't find 2 minutes to check his email...with WiFi being practically everywhere now, he could probably check his email right beside her hospital bed. That's of course assuming that this is his excuse...for all we know, he's just decided to forget about the fact that he OWES people their products.

So sad to see someone who once had a solid reputation lose it over something as simple as communicating with customers. If his personal life is so hectic, he needs to refund his customers their money, and get out of the damn business. Excuses, whether they are valid or not, are just that...excuses.
Oh I completely agree with you, AP. He definately has an obligation to his customers. Its just sad to see his reputation go that way. Although he offers some decent caging I dont think I will ever buy from Alan..

Old 02-19-2008, 10:34 PM   #36
psilocybe
Quote:
Damn, I SUCK with names. Please disreguard the post above.

Abhesheck (I know I spelled that wrong but I want to get this correction up before someone else posts) is above reproach. A real good guy. I confused his sign in name with al ''butterball" cortiz.

Sorry.
Apology accepted, Wes.

I'm not sure why Al has attracted your attention, but he's always been a straight-up guy by me, and would certainly be surprised if he intentionally did anything wrong. I've enjoyed his friendship for the 4 years or so I've known him from various forums, as I have yours. The wisest thing for me is probably to just stay out of the whole mess. The truth, whatever it is, will come out eventually.
Regardless, he isn't in the scope of this discussion anyway.

Take care,
Abhishek

Old 02-19-2008, 10:37 PM   #37
Gary O
Quote:
Have you ever thought that I may have considered it and then thought I just don't care if guys like buttterball respect me?

Why don't you let me take care of me and quit shadowing every post I make?
HMM Shadow you? I would say you have now brought my name into things more then once when I have nothing to do with it.

Why not just leave me out of it. You know I will reply when a person brings my name into it. you know you will get a reaction. I think sometimes you need that reaction.

And I was not talking about Al respecting you. I was not even talking about me respecting you. You just made a post to someone becuase you go off first think second. You did post and say you were sorry I give you that. If you took a higher road and made your points. IMO it would look better on you. And you may then get a reply from the person you were posting about. And maybe fix something instead of just adding to the fire........................

About Alan.

Last time he was logged into my site was

Last I heard from him was

Jan 11 2008, 07:07 PM

PM about the last problem he had. Last post

Posted on: Jan 31 2008, 09:23 PM

Now I could go in and see when he logged into his control panel(for hosting) I believe. But I do not think that is needed. As we can plainly see this is a habit now IMO. So it looks like it has been sometime he has even been online. Who knows Alan may make this right when he is back. I am not sure either way.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:35 PM   #38
Wilomn
Gary, we do things differently.

Abhishek, my problem with al, as with alan, is lies and double standards. Add the abuse of his position of authority to butterball's and you have it in a nutshell. I am SURE that as long as he can USE someone to further his gain or reputation, he's a sweetheart.

The thing is, once that need is fulfilled, he puts on the thumbscrews and tightens away. That is not cool.

Sort of like alan always promising it will be the last time, that he has an excuse, and on and on and on.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:42 AM   #39
psilocybe
Quote:
Gary, we do things differently.

Abhishek, my problem with al, as with alan, is lies and double standards. Add the abuse of his position of authority to butterball's and you have it in a nutshell. I am SURE that as long as he can USE someone to further his gain or reputation, he's a sweetheart.

The thing is, once that need is fulfilled, he puts on the thumbscrews and tightens away. That is not cool.

Sort of like alan always promising it will be the last time, that he has an excuse, and on and on and on.
Wes,

Well, I'm certain that there is absolutely nothing I could do to improve Al's reputation in the hobby...I'm a very small fish in a very large sea. Al's reputation and knowledge speaks for itself, and needs no help from me. I am fairly certain that there is nothing Al could gain by being friendly to me other than my friendship...being that I have a very limited presence in this hobby, that's not exactly an ace in the hole. The same would go for you.

Again though, this thread isn't about Al.

Abhishek

Old 02-25-2008, 08:47 PM   #40
hognoseman
Gary: Ya I hope it works out to soon. I actually picked up the Malaysian Male this weekend at NARBC and hes about 6-6.5 feet tops but a beatutiful puppy tame animal. I can't wait for it to warm up so I can get that female.

Wes: Al should go on a diff post but that your choice I don't really care either way.

And as for the other comments I sure as hell hope alan gets his stuff together and makes good if and when he shows up again. But seriously even if you have to rush to your moms side you have an obligation to your customers!

Oh also I would love some input of this.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=108681

Reed

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!