Alan Hall (Good Guy) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-03-2005, 12:29 AM   #1
RKing611
Thumbs up Alan Hall (Good Guy)

Just thought I would post my recent positive experience with Alan Hall from Jungle Habitats Plastics. I am a college student and thus spent hours researching cages online to find the best deal, and when it came to a custom cage with heat and lighting I found Alan’s to work best for me. I also needed something lightweight as I move around a lot (the cage is very lightweight for its size!). When the cage arrived I opened it and noticed a few things: there were vent holes drilled in the side I didn’t ask for and one of the vent covers was missing, and there wasn’t a lock on it as I had requested. *HOWever, when I contacted Alan about this he insisted on sending me another cage built to the specifications I wanted. A few weeks later I receive an e-mail from him saying that the new cage will soon be sent AND for the time it took he would rather me put to use the previously sent cage than hassle with trying to ship it back to him and risk it being damaged on the way back (sweet deal!). In addition, he didn’t forget about that missing vent cover and is sending it with the new cage! Throughout the ordeal he has been easy to contact and provided great customer service and the cages are wonderful. Thanks Alan,
Robert King
(PS...new to the forum...new snake owner 0.1 Cay Caulker...hello all!)

Old 02-03-2005, 03:18 AM   #2
Roger Jolly
Good guy??? Are you serious?

This is the guy who tried to shake down Jeffie in order to take a spiteful jab at the owner of this site. In my opinion.

There is another thread about this somewhere around here. Be certain to take a look at it before sending this guy your money.

Old 02-03-2005, 05:03 AM   #3
DAND
Robert,

Welcome to the forum. You may want to do a search here prior to dealing with someone in the future. It could save you a lot of time, money and stress.

Old 02-03-2005, 06:18 AM   #4
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
Robert,

Welcome to the forum. You may want to do a search here prior to dealing with someone in the future. It could save you a lot of time, money and stress.

Alan sent him here to post.

RKing611
Where did you hear about FaunaClassifieds?:
Alan Hall at Jungle Habitats Plastics

Old 02-03-2005, 06:49 AM   #5
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman

RKing611

Figures.

Old 02-03-2005, 01:08 PM   #6
David R.
Alan did not send me here!!!

For those of you that care to do a search, you will see that I did a "good guy" post on Alan way before the issue came up about Alan, Rich, and Jeff.
I had purchased some cages from him and posted about my "good" experience. I'm not saying that Alan builds the best cages on the market. He does have the best cage for certain situations, AP for other situations, and Vision for others, etc., etc. This site or anyone on this site does not have the power to kill Alan's cage business. The party that started this thread was simply stating his experience with Alan. Why are some of you unwilling to acccept that?

To the party that stated that Alan had sent his customer here, please provide your proof of that statement!!! Unless you have a copy of a phone call recording, email, fax, or other proof, then from my point of view, you owe Alan an apology. I don't see where whatever "may" have went down between Alan, Rich, and Jeff has anything to do with his cage building ability.

Just my point of view

Thank you.

David Rivers

Old 02-03-2005, 01:18 PM   #7
RKing611
In My Defense

Posting my experience with Alan is something I did on my own out of gratitude for the services he provided me. Aside from conflicts that i can now see he has obviously had here with you all, he *in my opinion* provided a great product and great customer service (afterall, isnt the purpose of this to post such experiences??). I realize that what he did here upset you all and with good reason, however this doesn't mean that he isn't running a legitimate business and it doesnt mean he is going to rip you off if you send him money for a cage (i've already got one and the other is on its way and i'm very happy with it). Sorry to stir up controversy...was just posting my own experience with him...hopefully I'M not now automatically associated with the feelings you all have towards him simply as a result of my dealing with him. I'm glad I found this site as a new Boa owner i'm sure i'll have plenty of questions.
Robert King

Old 02-03-2005, 01:22 PM   #8
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by David R.
For those of you that care to do a search, you will see that I did a "good guy" post on Alan way before the issue came up about Alan, Rich, and Jeff.
I had purchased some cages from him and posted about my "good" experience. I'm not saying that Alan builds the best cages on the market. He does have the best cage for certain situations, AP for other situations, and Vision for others, etc., etc. This site or anyone on this site does not have the power to kill Alan's cage business. The party that started this thread was simply stating his experience with Alan. Why are some of you unwilling to acccept that?

To the party that stated that Alan had sent his customer here, please provide your proof of that statement!!! Unless you have a copy of a phone call recording, email, fax, or other proof, then from my point of view, you owe Alan an apology. I don't see where whatever "may" have went down between Alan, Rich, and Jeff has anything to do with his cage building ability.

Just my point of view

Thank you.

David Rivers

Ummm He said it himself.

RKing611

Old 02-03-2005, 01:22 PM   #9
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by David R.

Just my point of view

Thank you.

David Rivers
I believe he did provide proof. I enlarged what he posted just in case you missed it the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman

RKing611
Do you really think Alen is sending people to Fauna for any other reason but for his own benifit?

Old 02-03-2005, 01:33 PM   #10
E2MacPets
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKing611
I realize that what he did here upset you all and with good reason, however this doesn't mean that he isn't running a legitimate business
Robert King

Correction, what he did demonstrates that he is not running a legitimate business. He could have the best product in the world (which he does not, although I have given him credit for his innovations time and again) but it would not excuse his behavior.

Unless you want to explain how asking for a kickback for giving information leading to a lawsuit victory is a legitimate practice for a business to undertake?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!