Corey Sawyer Busted!!!! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-21-2003, 11:26 AM   #51
Clay Davenport
Since I have been officially "put on notice" allow me to take this opportunity to issue a formal apology to Mr. Pollock for so foolishly including him in my generalized statement. I will make every effort to specifically exclude you in any other such statements I may make in the future.

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey needed the address for legal reasons, he used what means was available to him to get it. Actions taken in such circumstances cannot be assumed to be reflective of character or anything else being claimed here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regrettably the law sees this differently. Similar crimes are labeled and punished differently depending on circumstances although they are still considered a crime.
What I am saying is many here are making a capital offense of the methods Corey used to get an address to serve legal papers, some going so far as to use it to question his integrity in every other aspect of his life.
There is simply no reason for this.

I suspect, suspect mind you, that one of the reasons for the original posting of this thread was to take an opportunity to bring the board out against Corey. It almost seems that it's been a while since there was any blood in the water and some are all to eager to jump on this one.
Had the original suspicions as to the reasons for Corey's actions been accurate, then it would be deserved. The reasons however were very different, and in my opinion in no way call for the degree of apparent outrage many are displaying.

Old 04-21-2003, 11:56 AM   #52
The BoidSmith
Clay,

And I absolutely agree with you. My only concern was and still is the following statement.

Quote:
Just because i apologize for to justin for lying to him does not mean I regret it.
I know for a fact that Corey has a good reputation (from a good friend of mine from overseas) and it's probably a good guy to deal with. But when I read a statement like the one in the quote, IMHO it leaves the door open to "and I will do it again when I deem appropriate". Just the way that statements reads to me.

Old 04-21-2003, 12:04 PM   #53
thomas davis
exactly,i agree w/alvaro post ,,,IMHO corey lied and is proud about it apparently and just showed his true colors in the whole thread ,,,im done,,,,,,thomas davis

Old 04-21-2003, 01:23 PM   #54
The BoidSmith
One final coment. Although I might not personally agree with how things were handled, that doesn't mean I wouldn't deal with Corey. Actually I would have no doubt about it as he comes highly recommended from people I respect. Even without those recommendations I have seen the way he conducts himself in this forum and that by far outweighs any difference in perspective we might have on this subject matter.

Regards.

Old 04-21-2003, 01:26 PM   #55
Darin Chappell
Clay,

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time seeing the "outrage" about which you were speaking. I just see people disappointed in someone for whom a higher regard was held than is true today. I, for one, just don't tolerate lying very well, and I see no justification for it here. Corey may very well be a wonderful person in every other regard, but he is willing to lie under certain circumstances.

He said that he did this in order to attain the adress of this guy rather than pay the $500 to get it through honest measures. Ok, fine . . .I understand the motivation. However, what that boils down to is that Corey is willing to lie to save $500! At least we know his price, right?

I'm not outraged, just disappointed. That's all this has ever been for me. I wish it weren't this way.

Old 04-21-2003, 03:38 PM   #56
sputnik
Quote:
The reasons however were very different, and in my opinion in no way call for the degree of apparent outrage many are displaying.
I don't see outrage, disappointment and maybe some shock is a more accurate description. Corey doesn't rip people off so I wouldn't have a hard time buying something from him. He's not a bad guy, but made a bad decision IMHO in the way he handled things.

Quote:
Just because i apologize for to justin for lying to him does not mean I regret it.
This I find disappointing because in IMHO he is not appologizing at all. He doesn't regret it? That leaves the door open to the possibility that he'd do it all over again.... Lie and be deceitful.

Old 04-21-2003, 05:08 PM   #57
BWSmith
The way i see it, it was a means to an end. Let's just put this in perspective for a minute. uhhhh, was anyone hurt by the misleading? Did it cost anyone anything? Bottom line I think is that this was not a real reptile deal. It may have been portrayed as a possible deal, but in reality, it was not. Corey does not pretend that it ever was anything but ameans of gathering information. Just my observations.

Old 04-21-2003, 05:15 PM   #58
sputnik
Quote:
The way i see it, it was a means to an end. Let's just put this in perspective for a minute. uhhhh, was anyone hurt by the misleading?
If anyone was hurt, it was Corey's reputation.

Quote:
Did it cost anyone anything?
Again, it would be Corey's reputation!

Quote:
Corey does not pretend that it ever was anything but ameans of gathering information.
Yes, true!

But what a way to go about it!

Old 04-21-2003, 05:37 PM   #59
Darin Chappell
BW,

I can't say I disagree with your assessment of the situation. I think Corey was 100% just trying to get the information he wanted, and used the means he did in order to achieve the desired end. I don't think any other other intention was there in any way.

I just do not believe that the end, no matter how noble, ever justifies the means. That's my personal more, and I realize that others will differ to one degree or another. However, "putting it in perspective" does nothing in my book, except confirming that what was done, was done for a monetary gain. Some can live with it; I can't. It's that simple.

I hope Corey is able to recover what is rightfully his from this guy. I also hope he can overcome this rediculous activity.

I won't address this any longer, because I guess I've said everything I can think to say. So, I'm out of this now, and if anyone wants to address this with me further, we can take it to emails.

Old 04-21-2003, 05:43 PM   #60
Wilomn
A means to an end but does the end justify the means? Just where do you draw the line? If corey had something I wanted to buy, I would. I believe he would honestly represent his animals.

Back to golf now, if he were to hit one in the rough, there is a part of me that would wonder just how many strokes he took while he was out of sight. Had I not read this post and his seen his attititude about the truth, I would never have such thoughts. I don't think corey is a bad guy. However, a lie is a lie is a lie.

I think perhaps it is a principle. Either you have it and stick to it reguardless of the cost or you don't. I don't think principles have much flex to them, they are sort of rigid from what I've learned of them. Corey's cost seems to be 500.00. I understand that. The fact that it was made public has been to his detriment. It is now no longer just between him and his conscience but out there for all of us to judge, and that is the correct word, judge, because that is just what is happening. He is being judged for his decision and his attitude about that decision.

I think that for some of us this is about more than just the relatively small lie he told to get justin's address. It is the fact that he lied at all. I think that sums it up. It's not so much corey vs. justin as it is truth vs. deciet.

Wes Pollock

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!