Jamaican Boas Breeding - Page 44 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-19-2015, 07:51 PM   #431
MK Morphs
Thanks! Yes, they are siblings. My friend who is also in town has 2 other siblings. Not 100 percent sure of bloodlines. They passed through a middle man before they got to us, but I'm going to try and get more info. They were produced at The Snake Farm in New Braunfels, TX (just north of San Antonio).

I will definitely reach out if I have any questions. There is so little information on these guys, so knowing we can turn to you is a big deal.

Here is one of my little ones.

Old 07-19-2015, 07:58 PM   #432
MK Morphs
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1437350209824.jpeg
Views: 68
Size:  77.3 KB

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1437350244367.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  259.1 KB

These two photos belong to my friend that has the two other siblings.
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1437350276106.jpeg
Views: 61
Size:  62.0 KB

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1437350307795.jpeg
Views: 69
Size:  97.9 KB

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Old 07-19-2015, 11:40 PM   #433
cguarino30
They look great. Congratulations to both of you. I will say, though, that if they are being cohabitated, they should probably be split up. I've heard of a few instances of accidental cannibalism amongst hatchlings (going after the same food).

Old 07-19-2015, 11:47 PM   #434
Reptile Frenzy
Awesome looking babies!

Old 07-20-2015, 01:01 AM   #435
MK Morphs
Quote:
Originally Posted by cguarino30 View Post
They look great. Congratulations to both of you. I will say, though, that if they are being cohabitated, they should probably be split up. I've heard of a few instances of accidental cannibalism amongst hatchlings (going after the same food).
Definitely not cohabbing! My friend picked up the 4 babies and they were transported in the same large deli container. Each baby is set up individually. I don't agree with cohabbing any animal.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:00 AM   #436
cguarino30
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Morphs View Post
Definitely not cohabbing! My friend picked up the 4 babies and they were transported in the same large deli container. Each baby is set up individually. I don't agree with cohabbing any animal.

Good to hear. I have heard of people cohabbing adults with success, and many people cohab babies when they are just born for space reasons, but individual housing is always safer.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:18 AM   #437
cguarino30
Well, today was a red letter day for the juvenile tegu that I use as a garbage disposal, but not so much for feedings. Some good news in there, too, though.

Almost none of the holdbacks ate. Everyone was offered a quail chick, and H4 was also offered a chick thigh. Only E3 and H6 (by far the two best eaters) ate. Everyone else declined.

As always, T3 ate her fuzzie with no issues, but T4 declined to eat either of her two chick thighs.

E2, however, ate an unscented pinkie for the third time, so I think it's safe to call him a pinkie eater at this point.

N1 and N3 were offered a pinkie and chick thigh. N1 ate the thigh only. N3 declined both.

N2 and N4 were each offered an unscented pinkie only. N2 declined, but N4 ate. I think it is also safe at this point to say that N4 is on pinkies. I will probably offer N2 an unscented pinkie again next week, but if he declines again, I will probably go back to scented.

These are considerably lower numbers (despite the two big victories with E2 and N4) than I am used to, so I am trying to figure it out. It's not uncommon for one or two of these guys to skip a meal here or there, but for 7 of 13 to not eat is a bit unusual. The only thing I can think of that was different this time was the fact that after feeding all of my animals, I vacuumed out the reptile room with a shopvac. I was careful not to directly clean around their rack, but I assume that having that disturbance in the room on a feeding day is probably the issue. At the very least, I'll be sure not to do it again.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:32 PM   #438
Snakesitter
I think your tegu orchestrated the whole thing. ;-)

Old 07-24-2015, 07:57 AM   #439
cguarino30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesitter View Post
I think your tegu orchestrated the whole thing. ;-)
That's an interesting thought. Maybe I'll give them all separate interviews and see if there is a pattern of intimidation.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:35 AM   #440
MK Morphs

My baby #1 was looking particularly cute last night. Today I'm offering this baby an unscented pink, and #2 (who hasn't eaten for me yet) a chick thigh!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!