my first time...... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-02-2005, 09:02 PM   #1
Jadormdrache
my first time......

sorry folks, not a losing my virginity story. but today was great. my geckos ate out of my hand for the first time! I know small beans to some but I'm just so excited about it. The pastel I posted awhile ago asking what it was was the first to do it. "hey theres that big ugly creature that always puts food in the cage". I was dropping mealworms into their mealworm bowl, and she came up and snapped one right of my hand( well actually she missed and got my finger the first time, but she tried again and THEN! she snapped it out of my finger). after she ate about 4-5 out of my hand the hypo came out and took one, but she's the skittish one because she ran right back to her cave( she ate some out of the bowl later). anyways I hope everyone has a great day, because this certainly made mine!

Old 05-02-2005, 09:20 PM   #2
leaftail
That is so cool! Yep the quickest way to make freiends with a leo is with fooooooooood. They're highly food-motivated.

Old 05-02-2005, 09:28 PM   #3
ReptileZone1
That's great that they are eating out of your hands... It shows they are not afraid of you and are healthy little guys... Sound's like fun, but trust me, hand feeding get's old fast -Jon

Old 05-02-2005, 09:37 PM   #4
dragonflyreptiles
That is GREAT and so much fun, I love it when they take mealies and pinks from my hands!

Old 05-02-2005, 09:43 PM   #5
snakewrangler89
Thats really cool...I was so excited when my baby leos first ate out of my hand...the albino kept missing but he was small so the bite didn't hurt...lol...its really cute to watch!! Congratulations!!...haha

Old 05-02-2005, 09:47 PM   #6
leaftail
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakewrangler89
Thats really cool...I was so excited when my baby leos first ate out of my hand...the albino kept missing but he was small so the bite didn't hurt...lol...its really cute to watch!! Congratulations!!...haha
Yeah its cute when they're babies. Wait till its a hulking 95 gram male with the jaw pressure of a small croc. Then it really hurts if they miss the bug. Advice: lead with your fingernails

Old 05-02-2005, 10:08 PM   #7
Jadormdrache
"lead with your fingernails". that's going to be hard, I don't have any I always peel at them when I'm nervous or something. thanx all and goodnight

Old 05-02-2005, 11:32 PM   #8
gmherps
cool man!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!