need some help with my crested - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-19-2013, 05:07 AM   #1
gundam009283
Unhappy need some help with my crested

just noticing something is wrong with my male since last night(pic below)
his head is tilt to the left side all the time (like you twist ur neck in the morning and it wouldnt turn) and it keeps moving towards its left. feels like it's hurt cuz usually it won't really let me grab him easily but he kind just sit there today.

I got him about a little over a year with one other female of same age and they been set together since birth no fighting and theres enough room for both of them

any suggestion? I moved him to another separate care box for now
and does anyone know a good vet for crested around LA area just in case?

Old 08-19-2013, 02:35 PM   #2
312Herps
I've never seen this before but I would say definitely a vet . Let us know what comes of it . Well wishes to your boy . Thanks for sharing .

Old 08-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
mialma09
What kind of diet and supplements do you feed him because it almost kinda looks like slight MBD but hopefully it isn't.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #4
gundam009283
2 water bowl at each end, dusted cricket twice a week and repashy+baby food mix in tank all the time
read up on some google share that it could be dehydrated so gonna try soak him up with wet paper towel a bit

Old 08-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #5
mialma09
The only thing I hear wrong is that you have baby food and CGD in there all the time because the baby food is very sweet, cresteds are going to be probably a little more attracted to the baby food insted of the CGD and in that instince they could be eating way more baby food then the CGD which should be their base diet at all times. I am not saying it is but if that were the case I would not be suprised if it started to develope a slight calcium defiency because of that. Baby food should only be offered in my opinion once or twice a month if ever at all. Or it could be as simple as he fell or jumped and hit his neck a little harder then usual and its sore or minorly strained. Could happen maybe??

Old 08-20-2013, 01:56 AM   #6
gundam009283
CGD and baby food are mixed together just to add a little more flavor, cuz they wont touch the CGD by itself. I hope it's just a minor twist, he still moves around and climb just a lot less active than usual. gonna track him through the night see if he gets better=(

Old 08-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #7
leaveittoweaver
This gecko looks to have MBD(Metabolic Bone Disorder). Most likely due to the addition of baby food to it's diet.

You need to see a vet and get a liquid calcium supplement. You won't be able to reverse it but you can keep it from getting worse.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:14 AM   #8
beballs
I really need to be blunt, when it comes to repashy it is a completed formula. It has all the essential nutrients along with phosphorous to calcium ratio. When you add baby food to that, it off-sets the balance. Not to mention, yes, cresties like baby food, but is baby food called crested gecko food? No. Baby food is for the consumption of humans, not cresties.

He doesnt just maybe have MBD. Your baby does have MBD. You need to cut the baby food, and keep to the repashy. Make sure that your calcium supplement for your dusted crickets is phosphorous free. Also i would also suggest gut-loading your crickets, and making sure that they have a good 24 hours on the gutload before being fed to the crestie.

D: i really dont like sounding like this, but in all honesty even doing all this will only help put your crestie boy into some comfort. This will not treat his disorder. :[ Like others said, take him to the vet and get the liquid calcium, as this will help the process tremendously. I would also like to suggest separating him from the female.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!