What happened that changed your attitude from bad to good or vice versa? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 07-24-2019, 03:02 PM   #11
JColt
Wife just had scope on Monday of her larynx and it looked horrible. They took biopsy. She had one operation and they made opening too small. She got down to 90 something pounds. Another doctor re did it and she can eat now but some of the acid came back. Before her first operation the acid was going into her lungs and she coughed constantly. Getting old ain't for sissy's they said and they are correct!

Old 07-25-2019, 12:25 AM   #12
LauraB
Geez, sorry to hear about your wife! She and I could probably talk (rasp, lol) about acid burning up our throats and mouths (too lazy to look up, and not sure how to properly spell plural "larynx's" and "esophagus's", lol) Mine is better a year later, but certainly not what it was. Hell, I never, ever experienced any acid reflux stuff ever before the sepsis crap. Cooked and ate like a champ with 4 boys to feed for the last 20+ years! All the best to your wife, Joe, I hope she recovers soon.

Old 07-25-2019, 01:52 AM   #13
WebSlave
Quote:
What happened that changed your attitude from bad to good
Hasn't happened yet.....

Old 07-25-2019, 01:59 AM   #14
LauraB
bragger

Old 07-25-2019, 11:25 AM   #15
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
bragger
Heck, I never knew admitting I had an apparently irreversible bad attitude is something worth bragging over.

Actually, the older I get, the "badder" it seems to be. I guess I used to hope for the best, but at this late date, I am pretty sure it ain't coming. I KNOW there are no free lunches in life. And some people have to pay more for theirs than others.

I've read the posts in this thread and it just disheartens me to see how some people just got dealt a bad hand in life. And apparently through no fault of their own. It's discouraging being a pessimist, but often I think even the level of pessimism I have is way too optimistic.

Maybe it's not a bad attitude I have. Just discouragement about the world around me, knowing there are things we have little to no influence over to make better.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:05 PM   #16
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
All the best to your wife, Joe, I hope she recovers soon.
Thanks Laura, Hopefully some info before long. She's just getting over shoulder surgery now this. She says, Don't feel bad for me, Feel bad for you. You'll have to work until noon on day of your funeral!

Old 07-28-2019, 02:21 AM   #17
LauraB
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Heck, I never knew admitting I had an apparently irreversible bad attitude is something worth bragging over.
Well, all I know is Stephen Hawking (I believe) said, "My expectations were reduced to zero when I was 21. Everything since then has been a bonus.”

Maybe an irreversible bad attitude is genius, lol.

Old 07-28-2019, 02:24 AM   #18
LauraB
Quote:
She says, Don't feel bad for me, Feel bad for you. You'll have to work until noon on day of your funeral!
She sounds like a very cool, very humorous, very appreciative woman. All the best to her.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!