Hey Rich - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-03-2019, 12:52 AM   #11
Buttons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mech View Post
So I spent a little time thinking about this and “wow”just “wow”.
It can’t easy by any means and I respect you on this.
Sometimes life sucks and you are a decent guy so it sucks for you to be at this spot.
I am not sure how to sugar coat this but I think a few tweets might help
It kinda seems like you are in a tight spot and I mean that humbly.
I mean an automatic re-charge to an account will no doubt bring you some headaches as I have read.
As a person that is just about to retire it hits close to home.
I would never want your position.
A missed opportunity (like mine) hurts as well.
What are your thoughts about using a regular credit card?
Do you think it will cost more?
I would pay the extra.
The web sites I mentioned earlier take all the major cards and by agreeing to the terms you are in and “golden”.
This works for me on about 4 web sites.
Could you possibly take checks?
Could you possibly consider to have a program that informs us that we are needing to pay because your terms are about to end
I don’t know the answers but I stand by my statement that it is not easy to pay
you and I’d be more than happy to do that.
All the best.
That said please please don’t close this forum to the general public.
Your work here is outstanding and I dig it.
It is such a special spot and I don’t want to see it gone.
Rich could you please,find a way to make this work?
Losing the BOI will hurt.
Thanks Bud.
Andy
What is your issue with paypal?

Old 02-03-2019, 01:21 AM   #12
WebSlave
Heck, I have an issue with PayPal ongoing right now.

I have the account tied to this site as a business account. Apparently they want some sort of address verification. Yeah, I've only had that PayPal account set up for, oh, 14 years or so, and am still at the same address I've always been at.

Well I sent them some images of various documents, such as my bank account, my documentation with the IRS, and my LLC. All of which are using my post office box as the address info. Which is exactly the way I have done it from the very beginning. Well, they are saying that a post office box is not acceptable as an address. And I have to provide PROOF of a physical address tied to my business name.

Well, sorry Charlie, that is all there is. This is an online business. It is 100% and solely ONLINE. There is no physical address associated with the business, as per advice from one of my attorneys. Never has been, and at this late date, never will be.

So I called them on the phone on 01-31 and talked to a guy and explained the situation about the post office box. He seemed to understand the situation, and asked me to set up my cell phone to receive a text message with a code in it. Why that would mean anything escapes me, because I gave him the phone number then and there, so I could have been anyone. But when I quoted back the code number, he said that I was now verified. I asked him if that satisfied the nag-o-grams about the business address, and he said "yes".

Well, I am STILL getting that notice when I go to my FC PayPal account. So apparently not. They are yammering at me that I have until 02-11-2019 to get verified. So I'm not sure what is going to happen after that. Quite honestly, if this site winds up not being able to accept payments via PayPal, then I guess the site will be real and truly dead at that time.

So yeah, guess I have to call them back again on Monday. And likely get yet another Pakistani sounding guy named "Melvin" on the other end. And I'm sure I am going to have to explain everything all over again, too.

Old 02-03-2019, 09:28 AM   #13
bcr229
Stop!

They want a physical business address for process servers, so give them that one.

I also use it as little as possible but they snubbed me first because I sell guns.

Old 02-03-2019, 10:18 AM   #14
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
if this site winds up not being able to accept payments via PayPal, then I guess the site will be real and truly dead at that time.
Are your other sites set up similarly?

Old 02-03-2019, 11:32 AM   #15
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
They want a physical business address for process servers, so give them that one.

I also use it as little as possible but they snubbed me first because I sell guns.

They want documentation showing the business name associated with a physical address.

Quote:
On 1/31/2019 3:58 AM, service@paypal.com wrote:
> Dear FaunaClassifieds L.L.C.,
>
> Thanks for helping to keep your account secure by providing documents to support your business identity.
>
> Unfortunately, we do not accept PO Box address for verification.
> Please log in to your account and check your notifications. Find the notification that asks you to provide documents to confirm your business identity, then follow the link to upload the documents shown below.
>
> The business name and address shown on your documents should match the business name and address on your PayPal account.
>
> Proof of Business Address:
> - The first page of a bank or credit card statement, utility or phone bill, insurance document, tax statement, or government-issued business license or permit dated within the last 12 months or Certificate of Good Standing dated within the last 90 days showing your full legal business name and address and active status. Please note that we do not accept PO Box address for verification.
>
> Thanks for being a valued PayPal customer.
>
> Sincerely,
> Omar Ariff
> PayPal
>
> Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.
No such documentation exists because I have ALWAYS used the post office box for anything related to FaunaClassifieds.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:37 AM   #16
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Are your other sites set up similarly?
I have two other sites linked to a different paypal address, but I believe that PayPal account was set up as a personal account.

I guess when I call them if I can't seem to be making any headway, I'll just request the "payments@faunaclassifieds.com" account to be converted to a personal account. Of course, they might have some "rule" against doing that as well. If that is the case, then I will just have to congratulate them for putting me out of business online earlier than I had planned on.

Old 02-13-2019, 08:29 PM   #17
WebSlave
Still wrestling with PayPal. Not sure where this is going to go, but I am sorely tempted to see if my programmer can force the contributions made through this site using the "friends and family" option for payments. If PayPal wants to hassle me that the proof I have provided of being a business is not sufficient, then who am I to argue? I can stop being a business and make this a friends or family gathering. We are all friends here then, right?

Heck, if I could do that, then perhaps I would re-institute the automatic yearly renewals again, since I wouldn't be hassled with people who forgot they used that option trying to put dings on my record with PayPal by filing disputes.

Might be worth looking into.

Old 02-14-2019, 12:03 AM   #18
bcr229
What about Venmo or Zelle? Venmo is just PP F&F rebranded, and Zelle also doesn't permit chargebacks. I don't know if they can be integrated into web site payment platforms though.

Old 02-14-2019, 03:27 AM   #19
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
What about Venmo or Zelle? Venmo is just PP F&F rebranded, and Zelle also doesn't permit chargebacks. I don't know if they can be integrated into web site payment platforms though.
Well, there are some problems with considering an alternative. The foremost is that if most of the membership isn't using it, then it won't do much good here. And the second hurdle will be implementing it in this old vBulletin code. That is even assuming that an alternative service will be set up for such transactions.

Honestly, PayPal has one of the worst customer service departments I've even run up against. Emails are a complete waste of time. I just get canned responses that don't even have anything to do with the problem I am relaying to them. And the couple of times I got someone on the phone, nothing they said they had done, or were going to do, ever actually came to pass.

So yeah, options are pretty limited.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!