Bad Guy CCSB Reptile Rescue- Chad Griffin - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-08-2017, 10:31 PM   #21
jessehherp
Stop! Ccsb reptile rescue- chad griffin

I was able to call once i got in my car once i got in my car and charged my phone, i peobably should have gone back in and taken pictures, but they were very rude and hurried me out. Probably after noticing me scrutinizing their animals.

Old 08-08-2017, 10:34 PM   #22
jessehherp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
First of all, I'm sorry you were sold a sick critter and there is no excuse for selling a critter like that. But you did have a chance to examine it prior to purchase, and if it had all that stuck shed and was lethargic, and you were already put on notice by the conditions you say you saw in the store, perhaps you should have not purchased it.
And it appears that your seller was and is willing to give you a refund, perhaps instead of calling the vet first you could have called the seller and returned it for a refund at that point.
While I reiterate that an ill critter should not be sold, I think in general it is best to communicate with the seller first if there is an issue, and see if there is a resolution prior to incurring vet bills.

How did you call if your phone was dead?

When you looked at the lizard in the store, didn't you see all of this?
I was able to call once i got in my car and charged my phone, i called the vet ways down the road, i was almost home. And i noticed what appeared to be stuck shed and that the animal was underweight. I didnt know that what appeared to be stuck shed on the back was actually a skin infection. And tbh i wasnt going to ask for a refund, i had full intentions of keeping the animal and vetting it, but it was suggested i do that prior to posting to BoI pages, to 'exhaust all solutions'

Old 08-08-2017, 10:38 PM   #23
jessehherp
Quote:
Originally Posted by chastityx View Post
You hand picked this animal and didn't notice ANY of these issues that were apparently so worrying you drove straight to the vets? Also why are antibiotics not listed on your receipt? You want him to pay for a vet visit that gave you a typical dewormer without a fecal and calcium + refund you in full for the animal?
I didnt drive straight to the vet, he was going home until i heard clicking noises, at which point i made an emergency vet appointment in case it was viral and could spread through my air vents, even though i quarentine in a separate room. Stuck shed and being underweight are things im prepared to treat at home.

Old 08-08-2017, 10:56 PM   #24
jessehherp
Stop!

And to speak as to why i took the animal home anyway, yes i was excited, but i have also been looking for a Tupinambis zuliensis female for close to three years now. They are impossible to find. I even tried getting a few people to import me one or two, and everyone came back with the same answers either it was 'out of season for them' or they could no longer import from Venezuela.

I new the animal wasnt 100% but i was willing to take on some stuck shed and weight loss. I already had panacur at the house and i can run my own fecal exams, so that wouldnt have been a problem either. But when i noticed the clicking and saw a bubble come out of his nose, thats when i got a bit panicked.

As to why i asked for a refund it was suggested for me to do so by someone in one of the BoI pages im on, in order to exhaust all possibilities for resolution, and im assuming so that when i posted, people couldnt say that i didnt give him a chance to make things right. Tbh i disnt really expect a refund. I did expect an appology. I did expect some kind of excuse as to why the animal was Sick, and why he was selling said animal at repticon. I HOPED for something along the lines of 'oh that one wasnt taken last weekend we noticed she was sick and she was supposed to be set aside for treatment. What i didnt expect is for a RESCUE to tell me that a vet visit where an animal with diagnosed with skin infections and a respiratory infection, and was put on antibiotics, was a waste of time.

And honestly. There is no way i would give that baby back to him. I get dont buy from crap holes like that, it only gives them more money to be crappy, and maybe i had a lapse of judgement, but i had been looking for a female T. Zuli for so long, and i had driven so far, i was willing to deal with the couple things i had seen, well, thought i had seen. And im willing to pay the vet bills. She will be well taken care of.

Im just upset that they are getting away with doing things like this. Im also curious as to why no one else has speaked out against them. Sence i have posted several people have come to me saying they had similar experiences, i dont get why i am the only one who has posted like this.
My one transaction isnt the entire motivation behing these posts, my motivation is that they are continuously lying, and 'selling' people (not rehoming, selling) sivk animals. And a good majority of people who get them dont know what to look for. A lot of there customers are first time reptile owners. Its just a shame, thats all.

Old 08-08-2017, 10:59 PM   #25
jessehherp
Photo proof where it was suggested to ask for a resolution.
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2017, 11:04 PM   #26
jessehherp
Here is the full itemization for what i spent, cefa drops is an antibiotic, and is what was prescribed for the respiratory infection.
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2017, 11:05 PM   #27
jessehherp
Quote:
Originally Posted by chastityx View Post
You hand picked this animal and didn't notice ANY of these issues that were apparently so worrying you drove straight to the vets? Also why are antibiotics not listed on your receipt? You want him to pay for a vet visit that gave you a typical dewormer without a fecal and calcium + refund you in full for the animal?
It was, the cefa drops was prescribed for the resp infection, i posted a full itemization of what was spent right before i posted this, i couldnt figure out how to add the photo in the quick reply

Old 08-08-2017, 11:36 PM   #28
nickolasanastasiou
Jessica, you need to identify the other party in post #25. Anonymous third-party quotations are considered a rule violation here.

Old 08-08-2017, 11:43 PM   #29
chastityx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessehherp View Post
It was, the cefa drops was prescribed for the resp infection, i posted a full itemization of what was spent right before i posted this, i couldnt figure out how to add the photo in the quick reply
I see it now! I couldn't read it in the text message photos. I just saw the large copy of the panacur/calcium receipt and was confused where the antibiotics were coming from. Thank you for clarifying. Most of the time when you're sold an animal they usually want the opportunity to take care of it themselves(usually going to their own vet) if an issue is found right away. I do hope they can offer some kind of resolution to you. And of course i hope the little one starts feeling better soon.

Old 08-09-2017, 12:22 AM   #30
jessehherp
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Jessica, you need to identify the other party in post #25. Anonymous third-party quotations are considered a rule violation here.
Sorry, i will go back through and create screen shots of the post comments, give me just a minute

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!