Gravid Bearded Dragon Question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
951adg06
Gravid Bearded Dragon Question

Ok. I have a 17month old bearded dragon. The male is 5yrs. I had her out roaming and walked in my closet to separate my cloths for washing. And when I came out my male was mating with her (connected) I forgot to lock his cage. So I guess he saw her and ran after her. I was in the closet for like 3-4 mins. Anyway, I am no beginner reptile enthusiast. I have a hovabator (vermiculite, deli cups), and I make custom enclosure, have a dubia colony and a mealworm Colony. So food, housing, lighting, incubation is no problem for me.
This happened on February 9th.
Now my girl is digging constantly in the cage, so I have her lay box with a mixture of sand and soil. She has dug two deep holes, but hasn't layed.
She has also gone off her food completely after being a eating monster 2 weeks ago. Which I know is normal.

The question is looking at the pictures would you say she looks gravid? The first picture is her 1 week ago. Obviously gravid. The 2nd, and 3rd pic is her today. She doesn't look as gravid to me anymore.

What do you think?

Thank you all for his answer.
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #2
951adg06
Also she is bigger than she usually is.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #3
mmdragons
She will lay when she is ready, they will dig dig and dig until they find the right spot. Can you feel the eggs in her belly?

Old 03-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
951adg06
That's one of the things that's trippin me out. I was able to feel them slightly last week, But i no longer feel them now. She is running around her cage right now as I type. I 'm gonna put her back in her lay box now.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #5
mmdragons
Are you 100% sure she did not already lay? Does she live on sand? I have had them lay them secretly in the sand(normally I finding them too late)

Old 03-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #6
951adg06
I don't use substrate, I only use tiles in my beardies cages. She is still round and her stomach is heavy for lack of a better term. Currently she is backing herself in her holes and just sits there. But this is like the 4th time she has done that in the past 2 days.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #7
mmdragons
When she does that leave her to her peace. Dont disturb her and she will probably lay if she keeps doing she could be ready to go. good luck its awesome hatching out baby beardies!

Old 03-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #8
Snake-Queen
She looks very gravid!

It generally takes about 30 days before she will lay. After she lays her eggs she will look very thin and flat.

If she isn't digging (right now) she may enjoy a warm bath and may drink.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #9
951adg06
Thanks and right now shes backed in one of her holes.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #10
OEdwards
When my girl layed her first clutch it took her from 11 in the mourning till 1 at night till she finaly was done. the box and sand you have is correct but try making a mound on one side and then on the other end leave a little room then punch a hole with your fist about two inches deep in to the end that is next to the room you left in the box mine usualy get the idea after that and supply a little bit of heat from above. Let us know how many she lays.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!