corn snake or bearded dragon? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 11:31 PM   #1
Wilczusia
Question corn snake or bearded dragon?

Hi!
I'm spending hours on computer thinking of buying a reptile.Since I'm a begginer I would like something easy.I thought of getting a bearded dragon but then i learned a lot about corn snakes.
Can someone help me choose? and why? I would appreciate that
Thanks!
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-17-2009, 09:17 AM   #2
Droptine8
I would have to say keeping a snake is MUCH less work than a BD.My kids each had a beardie at one time.I would have to cut fresh greens every morning,,and then come home to find that they like to poop and run through it all day
I have 3 snakes right now and I think they are a "piece of cake" for maintainance.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:23 AM   #3
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilczusia View Post
Hi!
I'm spending hours on computer thinking of buying a reptile.Since I'm a begginer I would like something easy.I thought of getting a bearded dragon but then i learned a lot about corn snakes.
Can someone help me choose? and why? I would appreciate that
Thanks!
The bearded dragon requires more in order to keep it healthy and alive. A variety of foods are best for them and you'll have to make sure the bugs you are feeding it are fed well also.

I would go with the Corn snake. Get one that is feeding on frozen thawed and you only have to get some frozen pinks and you are good to go. I too would suggest getting one or both of Kathy Love's books if you do decide on the Corn.

Old 07-19-2009, 12:23 PM   #4
Sandy71emt
snake vs. dragon

I agree, corns are a cake walk to take care of. You only feed them once a week, instead of twice a day. Feeding a dragon is more expensive compared to the snake too. The corns also have such simple living requirements. That's why I have more of them than any other type of snake. Not to mention, they come in a rainbow of colors!!

Old 07-19-2009, 02:41 PM   #5
Wilczusia
I think i will go with a corn snake I will read some more and buy one.
Thanks to everyone!
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-19-2009, 11:18 PM   #6
Wilczusia
but i still have one more question if corn snakes r aggressive and do they like to be handeled?
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-20-2009, 06:42 AM   #7
Droptine8
Most snakes have a bit of their own personality,,if you can call it that,so once in a while you can come across an animal that just does'nt want to be handled with out a fight.This is VERY rare when it comes to corns.If you start with a baby,,and its a bit aggressive,you should have NO problem getting him to settle down

Old 07-20-2009, 07:38 AM   #8
Slipmattic
Going with a corn snake is ALOT less expensive than a beardie, and is a great choice for a beginner. Like everyone has already stated, corns are rarely aggressive but like anything else you will come across those that flat out dont want to be handeld. When you first bring the little guy home make sure he has water and is warm, and of course cannot escape. Leave the little guy alone for atleast 4-5 days. Then after that period begin to handel it for a few minutes every day. After awhile you will be able to handel him for a long period without any reprocussion. This is not to say snakes "remember" their owners, but get acustom to being handeld. Good luck, any questions you have feel free to email me and i will answer them to my best ability.

Matt

Old 07-20-2009, 10:06 AM   #9
Wilczusia
Slipmattic
If i will have any questions I will email them,thanks
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread