Looking for information on a Teaxs business... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Bureau of Missing Persons

Notices

Bureau of Missing Persons With the number of messages I have to move from someone trying to locate another, I guess this forum is needed. Please use it for that purpose.

Old 01-26-2004, 02:37 AM   #1
sssnakesusan
Looking for information on a Teaxs business...

Hi! Im posting this in several places in hopes that someone can help. I am trying to contact the business called Steves Pets listed in the Pleasanton Texas phone directory. They are supposed to be able to get nearly anything. The address listed is 1549 Leal rd, but when I drove there (a long way, as I live in Freer Tx), there was nothing but a locked gate to open ranchland-no houses or businesses. The telephone has a answering machine but my calls are never returned. The directory listing has been the same for several years, I am beginning to wonder if this is a bogus business or what, or maybe its some sting location. I tried to ask about this place at the petshop in town, but got a deadend, The only person there was a hard to understand man with bad teeth who was VERY rude to me and my daughter. He was no help. If any of you knows about this business, PLEASE let me know. If they ARE legit I have some business for them. -Susanne Bennett

Old 03-05-2004, 02:23 AM   #2
Tim Cole
Steve

I know of them. I believe, he and his wife run a taxidermy shop. I've got a card around here somewhere. I'll see if I can find it. Can you get any Desert Massasaugas?

Old 03-05-2004, 10:23 AM   #3
sssnakesusan
Exclamation Positive identification of this person

Thank you for the information. As a matter of fact I DID visit the taxidermy shop in Pleasanton. It's owned by his EX wife. She told me that he worked for the only petshop in town, Oasis Tropicals. I went there and found that he is the very same individual that was so ugly to my daughter on our last visit. Apparently his is a shadetree operation and what few herps he has for sale are at his house, which he will not let anyone visit.

It took me a time before I remembered where i knew him from. He used to be at the San Antonio flea markets selling tickets to see a rather sickly looking reticulated python. Well, if he maintains all of his for-sale snakes under those same conditions, I certainly don't want to buy from him!!! I would advise anyone buying from this individual to BEWARE!!!

Desert massasaugas are hard to find in any quantity. I have a friend near Laredo who has a ranch that I find a few on each spring. I will be hunting there after the roundup and will keep your contact information. If I find any I will let you know.

Old 03-05-2004, 11:41 AM   #4
Tim Cole
Thumbs down Steve

Susanne,
I think your take on him is accurate. Some people are just mean.
I get down to Freer once in awhle, maybe we could visit? I am always looking for unusual atrox. I breed albino and pattenless atrox. I used to catch edwardsi
around Hebronville. I still thinkthe best looking annulatas also come from there. I definitly need to avoid the Round-Up. I would participate in the massacre, unfortunatly my victims would be two legged with snake hooks placed where the sun doesn't shine!

take care,

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!