Canada Fires - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 06-28-2023, 05:32 PM   #1
JColt
Canada Fires

Is it effecting you area? Here in NE Ohio today was extremely bad. Looks like an all day fog on cloudy day here and it is supposed to be 70 plus sunshine. Wife's asthma been triggered a couple times with just a short amount of time out doors.

Old 06-28-2023, 07:25 PM   #2
bcr229
Yes. If you just looked at the temps and humidity outside you'd think it was a beautiful day. Walk out and the code red air quality + stink of plastic drives you back indoors. We run HEPA filters on the HVAC which helps.

My husband has had respiratory issues for a while now. Not quite asthma, not COVID-related or anything, just started hitting last summer. It's affecting him a lot more than me.

Old 06-28-2023, 09:09 PM   #3
WebSlave
Nothing down here in north Florida. Just really hot temps, but the air seems pretty clean.

Old 06-28-2023, 10:27 PM   #4
Socratic Monologue
Really bad here in central WI. AQI is 193 right now, was like 225 today. Even looking across the yard you can see that the air is smoky, and can't see to the other end of the neighboring farmer's field. Local events are being canceled:

MADISON: Concerts on the Square postponed from Wednesday night to Thursday night
MADISON: Olbrich Botanical Gardens Summer Concert canceled for Tuesday night; will be rescheduled to later date
MADISON: Olbrich Botanical Gardens tram services and Discovery Cart not available Wednesday
MADISON: All MSCR programming canceled Wednesday, no MMSD summer semester classes including ESY, virtual programming also canceled, MMSD athletic practices and programming canceled
MADISON: Wednesday night Noel Gallagher and Garbage concert at Breese Stevens Field canceled; ticketholders should check e-mail for refund information
MADISON: Madison Mallards game scheduled for Wednesday night postponed, rescheduled to July 17 at 6:05 p.m.; tickets for Wednesday 6/28 game will be valid on July 17.
MADISON: The Madison Ultimate Frisbee Association canceled all games for June 28.
MIDDLETON: Pool closed and swim lessons canceled Wednesday, additional decisions on Wednesday PM programs to be made at 2 p.m.
MONONA: Monona Pool closed Wednesday
SHOREWOOD HILLS: Tennis program classes canceled Wednesday morning, will be made up on Friday. Wednesday classes planned to resume at 1 p.m. Wednesday afternoon.
BELOIT: Krueger Pool closed Tuesday and Wednesday
BELOIT: Beloit Tide Swim Team and Krueger Pool canceled Wednesday and Thursday morning
BELOIT: Vernon Park Playground Program canceled Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon
BELOIT: Wacky Wednesday at Leeson Park canceled
BELOIT: Parks, Recreation and Conservation Advisory Commission public meeting at 6 p.m. Wednesday, June 28 moved from Vernon Park to indoors at Grinnell Hall Senior Center.
EDGERTON: Arts Council's Concert in the Park rescheduled to July 5

Old 07-01-2023, 08:19 AM   #5
JColt
AQI is much better yesterday and today here. My wife was hacking away from working on the docks most the day last Tuesday when it was really bad. I have a friend in Wisconsin telling me how bad it was there John.

I live about 9 miles from Lake Erie. Depending on the wind my area can get heavy.

Old 07-01-2023, 08:57 AM   #6
Socratic Monologue
Yep, better here today too -- AQI is 52 right now.

Maybe we've all found this by now, but here's a good smoke map: https://fire.airnow.gov/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!