Help a busy lady? What prices have you been seeing lately? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-28-2008, 11:59 PM   #1
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Help a busy lady? What prices have you been seeing lately?

Okay~ y'all know I've been working myself into the ground on this new homestead~ and it's paying off! I've processed 20 of my own chickens this week to "freezer camp"! ALL BY MYSELF! Woo Hoo! (Amazing what you can learn with a book~ there I was with a chicken in one hand and a book in the other! LOL!).......the gardens are doing great~ the fencing is coming along.....BUSY BUSY BUSY!!!

Meanwhile the BP and Corn eggs are hatching~ and I have a BUNCH of hatchlings......with no time on my hands and hardly any feed! My rats are producing enough feed~ but I've scored a great contact with a pet shop in town and I've been letting him buy more rats than I should let go just to keep him happy and on the line while I increase rat production! (MORE work!) I'm a very lucky and busy lady this year!

So~
to the reason I need your help PLEASE! I've got all these baby snakes~ BPs and Corns~ a lot of them are on there 3rd~ 4th~ even 6th and 7th feeds (even with the less than consistent feeding schedule I've been giving them!). So I need to start advertising them. I have NO CLUE what the average price for what I'm producing this year is because I've not had the time to cruise the sale ads. But I know YOU HAVE.......So help a busy lady out here (help me out and I'll cook you a nice healthy free range chicken next time your in North Alabama!) I'd like to talk my pet shop contact into buying most of them~ but first I need to know what this years prices look like~ so if you could just tell me what kind of prices you've been seeing in ads ~and if you saw the ad in a higher priced arena like KS or a pet shop~ I'm not looking to make a killing~ just to find out what this years prices are like!

On BPs ~
50% het Pieds~ Males $? Females $? Wholesale if you've seen any ads ?$?

100% het Albinos ~ Males $? Females $? Wholesale if you've seen any ads ?$?

Normal CBB Males $? Wholesale if you've seen any ads ?$? (I've not produced any normals that are not poss hets~ but sometimes I sell poss het males without documentation as normals just to move them along)

A lot of you cruise the Corn Snake ads too~
Have you seen ads for~
Normal and Amel Motley stripes? Males $? Females $? Wholesale if you've seen any ads?$?

Caramel and Butters? Males $? Females $? Wholesale if you've seen any ads ?$?

A little help appreciated~ some nice fresh tomato's in about a month if your in the area~ how about fresh eggs? I'm very busy and don't want to cruise all the ads looking for averages~ what have you seen? Thanks!

Old 06-29-2008, 12:10 AM   #2
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Oh! One more thing~ like it wasn't long enough to start with!

Don't put who you saw the price from~ people change thier prices constantly and I don't want someone who later may raise a price to have it documented on my thread what thier previous price was! Just an average of the price you've noted~ if you've noted it. Thanks so much.

I'm awake right now ( WHY! I'm exauhsted!!) so I'm kind of looking myself~ but y'all that cruise the ads every day would have more helpful averages for me. Thank you!

Old 06-29-2008, 11:47 AM   #3
jasballs
Hi Cheryl!

I have seen 50% pieds going for 300. females and normally the male is free.
And het albinos as low as 250 pr. Sucks, But thats the way it goes lol!

Old 06-29-2008, 11:59 AM   #4
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Normal and Amel Motley stripes? Males $? Females $?
Motleys & Motley het Stripe (aka Motley-Stripes or Motley x Stripe)
• Normal $35
• Amel $45
(assuming no interesting hets)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Caramel and Butters? Males $? Females $?
Caramel $35
Butter $45
(assuming no interesting hets)

No big difference in pricing male and female with these "lower end" morphs. Some will do a 15-25% mark up on lone females.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:11 PM   #5
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Thanks guys! I'm going to try to wholesale as many as I can to the pet store thats buying all my rats~ but I need to know what he can get for them before I know what to try to sell them to him for. If that doesn't work out I'll be forced to advertise them~ some day~ when I have time to answer a million emails...........
It's probably easier to just keep feeding them!
Maybe I need to see if the pet store would like some of my adult girls too~ I'm thinking it may be time to reduce down the snakes even more considering how much I've increased the other livestock. I've finally got that pied~ maybe I should sell off everything but the really exciting stuff? I don't know~ I'm just so busy! And I want to get a goat~ or 10.

BTW~ I did get that dog thats as big as a cow! He's still a puppy~ but his daddy is 120 pounds! Great Pyr! and I've got another one coming in August~ an Anatolian......she should be as big as a cow too! Now I need a cow..........or two.....or ten? Maybe not ten~ this year.

I LOVE living in the country! LOL!
Let me know if your ever in the area~ I'm serious~ I'll make y'all a great supper~ free range chicken and eggs~ home grown veggies~ maybe Goat meat and milk (OH~ I need a Pig~ BACON!)

Old 07-01-2008, 04:34 PM   #6
Melinda
mmmmm Bacon!!

did I miss the pics of your new place???

Old 07-01-2008, 04:47 PM   #7
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
are you kidding? I thought everyone was tired of seeing them! LOL! Lets see~
this is the house

And these LOTS AND LOTS of pics are some of what I've been doing with the 25 acre!!

http://www.thereddragonsden.com/HomeStead.htm

http://www.thereddragonsden.com/Homestead08June.htm

Old 07-02-2008, 11:32 AM   #8
khoffman
wow ill come visit man that house musta cost a shit load

Old 07-02-2008, 12:05 PM   #9
Mooing Tricycle
wow cheryl! Youve got so much going on! Craziness!

I like all the pictures talking about "camp" har.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:31 PM   #10
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoffman
wow ill come visit man that house musta cost a shit load
It's in Alabama~ I moved here from California.......this house was a bargain compared to CA! Your welcome to come visit anytime~ We are doing a 4th of July BBQ this Friday! We will be having..............chicken! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
wow cheryl! Youve got so much going on! Craziness!

I like all the pictures talking about "camp" har.
Like I said~ busy busy busy!!! I'm loving it though!
Freezer camp was a bit of work~ learning how to do freezer camp from a book was interesting~ got a chicken in one hand a book in the other asking the chicken "Whats next? And I need one more hand for the knife!" I got 20 roosters, 1 goose and 1 duck off to freezer camp so far. About 15 more roosters, 2 more ducks and I'm not sure how many of the geese will go to camp in late July. We'll be eating the ones I sent to camp from those pics on the 4th!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!