One of my new Candoia - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
Zach Spyker
One of my new Candoia

Got a couple of females from EBV on Tuesday. Letting them settle in.
Wanted to expand into something new and thought a lot of people were going hognose. Hognose have never caught my fancy. Don't get me wrong I think they are beautiful animals but I never desired to keep them. someone's thread sparked my interest and I knew I had seen them before. I found them in a couple of my many herp books and from there I wanted more. started Googling&YT them and from then on I was hooked. handling a C. b. australus at a local reptile shop did not help.

Here are shots of their enclosures I took before receiving them.
this is it for now tell they get bigger.

They are both between 14-16 grams
CBB on 7-30-09 feeding on pinks- these are C.c. paulsoni
Keeping the handling to a strict minimum with a short photo session. no more messing with them tell they eat next week.

"Tame" right out of the box

Old 01-21-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
Helenthereef
Very nice indeed, Zach, they, and their enclosures, look great!

Keep an eye on them for colour changes - my C.b.bibroni like to change shade quite dramatically, but I have yet to tell whether this is mood, temperature or background substrate colour. Would be interesting to know whether your C. paulsoni do this same thing.

Good luck with the pinkies!

Old 02-07-2010, 11:23 AM   #3
Iguanagirl8662
They are goregous, congrats!

Old 02-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #4
Zach Spyker
Thanks everyone.

they took live pinks for me their first feeding. Just left them in their tubs for them to hunt and they where gone within 15 min. thats how they were fed where I got them. much to my surprise and amazement they have takin f/t from tongs their past 2 meals. I am stoked!

Old 02-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #5
Helenthereef
That's great news, and even better for everyone who thinks they are too picky eaters to keep. Mine often take straight from the floor of a feeding tub too, and doesn't it make life easy?
Are you handling them now? Are they spending more time in the hides or up on the perches?

Old 02-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #6
Zach Spyker
I am handling them each a couple time a week. and for the most part they have been spending most of the day time on the ground Hiding under their wood pieces but not using their hides and for the most part late in the evenings I find them perched high.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:48 PM   #7
Twizted Paths
Congrats! Glad they're eating for you, that was my needless worry too.

Lol, they are tiny little slithers aren't they

Mine don't use their hides either or a hot spot for that matter, lol. One more month of Q and a fecal and mine get display cages!

You're tub set up looks really nice, it's amazing what you can do in those things.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!