dumeril boas breeding! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-07-2007, 03:30 AM   #1
Tenor Goddess
dumeril boas breeding!

I'm very excited to announce I witnessed my first breeding here at the house! I've been waiting almost 5 years to get the projects I have now, big and old enough for breeding! They've been cooling since November and courting since 2 weeks ago.

Anyhoo, not the clearest of pics but I did NOT want to disturb them. They seemed pretty oblivious that I was there but Zaboo (dumeril male) has been trying so hard to get this lovely lady's attention and received nothing but body bumping to get him away from her until tonight. As of 2 days ago, she started letting him curl up with her. So, these pictures were JUST taken through a semi-opaque bin in their rack system using an LED tube flashlight to take the pic (the flash just whited EVERYthing out). ;D

I am very hopeful I'll have a pregnant female dumeril boa real soon! Will keep everyone posted.

Hugs!!

Amanda Rose
p.s. I have a few other projects that I hope to see some breeding happening (plenty of courtship going on like crazy here, but I'm crossing my fingers for babies!!!): columbian rainbow boa pair, bp pair, the dumeril boa pair, a very interesting "dark" nicaraguan pair and a special project with my hogg isle female het patternless (PMHerps line).
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2007, 07:51 AM   #2
Metachrosis
Best Of Luck !

M/

Old 01-07-2007, 08:25 AM   #3
crotalusadamanteus
Hey, that's looking pretty good there. that last one may even be locking up. Nice work. Can't wait to see the babies.

Rick

Old 01-07-2007, 09:24 AM   #4
Tenor Goddess
dumerils breeding

Thank you for the encouraging words. When I found them, neither were moving a muscle (teehee) and their tails were just like this, up in the air and curled around each other. Trust me, I was trying to find a good angle without disturbing them to see if I could catch a glimpse of something more but I will settle for that for now. ;D I will certainly post a link with pictures of the babies if this indeed is a successful breeding. Definitely crossing my fingers!

Hugs!

Amanda Rose

Old 01-07-2007, 11:13 AM   #5
Paradigmboa
Cool

Has anyone recorded/reported the true gestation of Dums? Well, if not here is your chance Amanda. Try and keep notes on things like sheds and ovulation. I think a few people would be interested in knowing this stuff about Dums.
Congrats and good luck.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:29 AM   #6
Tenor Goddess
I am keeping accurate records of everything they do. It'll be interesting to see if they are remotely similar to BCI breeding as far as signs of pregnancy, gestation period, POS, etc.

Hugs,

Amanda Rose

Old 01-08-2007, 02:03 PM   #7
Paradigmboa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenor Goddess
I am keeping accurate records of everything they do. It'll be interesting to see if they are remotely similar to BCI breeding as far as signs of pregnancy, gestation period, POS, etc.

Hugs,

Amanda Rose
I've had dum births but was working to much to make any notes. I've read their gestation is 240 days. But that seems WAY to long to me.

hugs back

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!