A GREAT REASON TO ALWAYS QUARANTINE - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
allreptiles1966
A GREAT REASON TO ALWAYS QUARANTINE

So i picked up this lovely sunglow male.
Threw him in quarantine like i do all new comers.
This is why i am glad i use that room.

I just put it down and now worried for all my boas. They are two floors lower then quarantine. I never go from one room to the other.
Will post pic and try to post video if a boa with IBD.
DAMN.

So people,quarantine your boas.
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
allreptiles1966
IBD

Cant load video. Maybe i can post on my
you tube and post link.

Last pic is his end. This time i shot it through his head and it died very quiclky compared to be heading.

This type if stuff sucks.

Old 12-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #3
hhmoore
Just curious, since you used the letters - was the diagnosis of IBD confirmed, or are you basing it on symptoms?

Old 12-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #4
bcr229
I'm so very sorry - he was a beautiful boy.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:14 AM   #5
Slashmaster
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Where did you obtain the animal from?

Old 12-08-2013, 01:23 AM   #6
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashmaster View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Where did you obtain the animal from?
I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in that...but naming the seller is not appropriate in this thread.

Old 12-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #7
GMTIRRILL
Rich that is horrible to see please keep us informed about the IBD possibility and please let us know which breeder you got the snake from thanks

Old 12-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #8
hadenglock
Im curious about how he was diagnosed, i work at a vet clinic where my boss has been studying for his boards and hes been studying the accuracy of different biopsy samples to confirm IBD. Did you test it with a blood sample, Pancreas, or a liver biopsy? Im just curious to see how other people have done it.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #9
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Just curious, since you used the letters - was the diagnosis of IBD confirmed, or are you basing it on symptoms?
I am basing it on symtoms only Harold. I know it could be neurological,but either way it was a death sentence. Fortunatly it was the only boa in quarantine.

I personally dont want to pay for the biopsy on him. He was two floors up and a breeder loan. The person is not from on line and doesnt breed boas. This was his pet. He did say it previously had mites and was treated. He said about a year before,and from what i read it usually shows up before a year. But i always stay to my quarantine habits. He had this boa with another stacked over this one and she is not showing any signs.
I do have it frozen outside in a freezer by itself in an old freezer. Just in case anything shows up in my collection.
I already scrubbed my cages with bleach and rinsed well.

Thanks to you guys for the thoughts.

Old 12-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #10
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadenglock View Post
Im curious about how he was diagnosed, i work at a vet clinic where my boss has been studying for his boards and hes been studying the accuracy of different biopsy samples to confirm IBD. Did you test it with a blood sample, Pancreas, or a liver biopsy? Im just curious to see how other people have done it.
Does your boss want it? He can biopsy it himself

We were going to get a blood test for him,but i noticed it on thursday and wouldnt get in for a week.
I was not taking the chance by keeping it in my house longer. So i put it down and froze him.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!